PDA

View Full Version : 3d Desktop

Wiper
01-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Donno if it's really functional, but I must agree that I like the perspective "just like we do in the real world". Interesting vid if you ask me and I'm curious how close it is to next type of desktop using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ODskdEPnQ&mode=related&search=

NastyDawg
01-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Very interesting, I really don't think we are that far away from that becoming the mainstream type of desktop. I think that will be the push for the next generation operating system.

EXEcution
01-27-2007, 04:40 AM
It's cool but I think it's more of a toy than a practical application. While it most certainly wouldn't begin to compensate for a full OS unless some obvious non-icon, 2-D options were implemented, it's cool in theory.

On a side note if anyone has seen the sci-fi film Johnny Mnemonic the virtual reality, hand/glove operated GUI interaction seems more natural and easier to grasp than the pen technique.

MassacreAL
01-27-2007, 07:57 AM
hm i cant watch this video becouse it would take years to download on my internet(or i would have to stopped downloading torrents), but ive heard that microsoft is going to make something really revolutional in windows vienna. maybe it will look like this?

Die Hard
01-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Impressive!

Caged Anger
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
meh, just what we need to invent, a way in which we can even make our virtual desktop a disaster zone (and there is no FEMA support for this mess :P)

I would like the glove-operated GUI for sure, but until something reallya dvanced comes along I'm gonna stick with the regular version :D

rancid monkey
01-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats Pretty Awesone, only I think that trying to find something you rarley use will be really hard to do