PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

ME BIGGD01
01-27-2007, 05:27 PM
How many people Plan on getting or atleast trying Vista.

Caged Anger
01-27-2007, 05:41 PM
XP FTW, they have most of the bugs worked out of XP. I'm gonna stick with it for at least another year if not longer

OUTLAWS Tip
01-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll be using Vista Home Premium upgrade edition after I load my old version of XP home on my new pc. I'll be waiting a bit and slowly be purchasing parts for my new system this year.

NastyDawg
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I plan on building a new computer later this year. (Nov -Dec) So unless I hear just way to many horror stories I will making the switch then.

Dan2
01-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I will switch from XP to Vista early next year, when I get a new computer.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Our IT guy at work said he would give me a copy for home (our work is licensed for such). He has also given me Microsoft's "Virtual PC". I am looking forward to installing it, because I've always wanted to learn/practice installing different OS'.

MassacreAL
01-28-2007, 08:06 AM
i will get vista along with directX 10 card. early next year, probably, like dan 2

BobtheCkroach
01-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll probably switch sooner than later. I haven't had a chance to use it a lot, but what I've done with beta 2 I've liked.

Work is subscribed to MS's action pack, so we should get a copy of it in house here within the next few months. I'll probably run with that a little, bit, but baring any issues, I'll probably switch to vista in the first half of the year. It definitely won't be until I can get my hands on a decently priced DX10 card, though.

Caged Anger
01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
just found out that I can get a free copy through the MSDN alliance FSC has, therefore I MIGHT (emphasize MIGHT) consider dual-booting XP Pro and Vista to see how it works

Pure_Evil
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I have so many other places to spend $100

Speedsweeper
01-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Sometime during the summer of 2007, hopefully when UT3 is released.

Nick
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Sometime during the summer of 2007, hopefully when UT3 is released.

You actually think UT3 will be released this smmer? :D

I will upgrade later this year too ... will see comments then..

Nitro
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Guttman's research suggests that consumers will pay more for less with poorer picture quality yet higher costs since Microsoft needed to obtain licences from third parties in order to access the technology that protects premium content (those licence fees were presumably incorporated into Vista's price).

Moreover, he calculated that the technological controls would require considerable consumption of computing power with the system conducting 30 checks each second to ensure that there are no attacks on the security of the premium content.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cannot believe how people love bending over for Microsoft everytime they release another piece of trash. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

Goober
01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Seeing that XP is working fine and all my business software works well with it I would say that I will not switch for at least a year. Let the bugs get worked out of it first.

SASQUATCH
01-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Not much for posting and I don't post here much but it should help a bit. . . I am in no hurry I use the Mac alot for my 3D animation and Art works. . .
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/29/xp-vs-vista/

NastyDawg
02-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Not much for posting and I don't post here much but it should help a bit. . . I am in no hurry I use the Mac alot for my 3D animation and Art works. . .
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/29/xp-vs-vista/

Thanks for posting that, about what I thought the benchmarks would be. Now that it's been out for a few days has anyone seen if peeps are having any problems with it?

Death Engineer
02-02-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm not gonna bother at home, but at work, I don't have a choice. People buy new computers to work with our product and nearly all of them choose Dell. Dell is pretty much only selling Vista now. So we have to support it. /sigh

On a side note, I have gotten alot more familiar with Ubuntu Linux in the last month or so. You can even run it in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (the beta is currently free) with a few tweaks.

SASQUATCH
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for posting that, about what I thought the benchmarks would be. Now that it's been out for a few days has anyone seen if peeps are having any problems with it?

Some have had problems with drivers and etc.
This forum talks about a few problems some have had with the new versions.
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/index.php