PDA

View Full Version : Barbaro's battle ends

NastyDawg
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Barbaro euthanized; owner calls it 'the right decision'

I don't know why but this made me feel so sad when I saw it. I'm not a horse racing fan and I felt like the only reason the tried to keep him alive was for the stud fees they would have gotten if he did get better. But I was routing for him to get well and to live a long life. R.I.P. Barbaro

http://sports.yahoo.com/rah/news?slug=ap-barbarodeath&prov=ap&type=lgns

NightBreed
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Barbaro euthanized; owner calls it 'the right decision'

I don't know why but this made me feel so sad when I saw it. I'm not a horse racing fan and I felt like the only reason the tried to keep him alive was for the stud fees they would have gotten if he did get better. But I was routing for him to get well and to live a long life.

I was thinkin the same thing...And I wonder if the only reason they tried to keep Barbaro alive that long was for the stud value, millions and millions could be made, then it got to be just too much..

maybe I'm wrong, I don't know a damn thing about horses...

02-01-2007, 08:31 AM
I was thinkin the same thing...And I wonder if the only reason they tried to keep Barbaro alive that long was for the stud value, millions and millions could be made, then it got to be just too much..

maybe I'm wrong, I don't know a damn thing about horses...

I kind of think the fact he was a Derby winner was as much a factor as potential stud fees...it would be bad PR for the horse racing industry to put such a high profile horse down quickly, even though it happens often.

I used to go to the track quite a bit when I was younger, but one of the last times I was at Del Mar I saw a horse suffer an injury like Barbaro's, possibly even more severe. They covered the horse with a tarp and put him down right there on the track. Seeing that definitely lessened my interest in horse racing...

FUS1ON
02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
/\___ Totally agree, that what he had done had somethign to do with the decision . Anyone who has ever seen a horse break it's leg while racing i'm sure will never forget it, it is not a pretty site and makes you ask yourself if this is really worth it?

Pure_Evil
02-01-2007, 08:27 PM
All I got to say is

:devil:

http://www.dick-blick.com/items/238/10/23810-group-2-3ww-l.jpg