PDA

View Full Version : USB 2.0 not getting recognized

Nitro
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Alright, so here's my problem

I have a dozen USB 2.0 ports in my rig. For some reason, however, Windows XP Pro is not seeing these usb 2.0 ports as usb 2.0. Instead, it's pretending like they are USB 1.1 ports and this in return, gives me verry slow data transfer rates from my external hdd

Anyone know how I can get XP PRo with SP 1 to realize I have a dozen freakin usb 2.o ports?

Nick
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
dunno if this is relevant....

when I bought my 250G HD the seller told me I had to get a 20$ card for USB2 to be recognized because my PC is a few years old ....

and... whats the deal with your weird name change ?

Nitro
02-01-2007, 04:31 AM
i just bought a brand new custom made comp so i dont think age is an issue

about my name, im pretty sure i was under the influence something very strong :P

Caged Anger
02-01-2007, 05:03 AM
first off, have you checked in the bios to make sure that the ports are registered to 2.0 and not 1.1 compatability mode

(note, this only happens supposedly with laptops to conserve power and improve cross compatability)

I would suggest checking the bios, searching the manufacturor's website for known issues and/or bios upgrades

If none of this helps, I would suggest booting to safe mode, uninstall the USB hub drivers...

(note, if you need custom drivers, either make a backup or make sure you have the disk ;))

reboot in normal mode and either let the machine self recognize the device drivers or reinstall them yourself. It may be that by simply reinstalling it might kick it over into recognizing the right speed

BobtheCkroach
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Here's some information to try. Looks helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329632