PDA

View Full Version : No one will care about this, but...

Mr Clean
02-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Eddie Feigner, the hard-throwing softball showman who barnstormed for more than 50 years with “The King and His Court” four-man team, died Friday. He was 81.

I saw him back in 1999 at some charity event. He was incredible even in his 70's.

Some cool things in his obit at msnbc.com:

"Feigner not only pitched from the standard mound, 46 feet from home plate, but also from second base, behind his back, on his knees, between his legs, from center field and blindfolded. In a nationally televised exhibition against major leaguers at Dodger Stadium in 1964, he struck out Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Maury Wills, Harmon Killebrew, Roberto Clemente and Brooks Robinson in order"

"With a fastball once clocked at 104 mph, Feigner threw 930 no-hitters, 238 perfect games and struck out 141,517 batters while playing more than 10,000 games. He was inducted into the National Senior Softball Hall of Fame in 2000."

I always remembered him for some reason, and wish I could have seen him again. Here's to you Eddie :drink:

FUS1ON
02-10-2007, 05:48 AM
I've heard about him, there was some show I saw years ago on TV about the team. The things that guy and that team could do were amazing.

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Wow those stats are awsome. Wish I had the chance to see him in his prime !! Thanks Clean.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Wasn't aware of the man. Those stats are impressive. Thanks for sharing the story.

NightBreed
02-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Never heard of him either, but sure would have liked to have seen him in action..

Great story, thanks for posting it !!

http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/trinken/a063.gif Here's to ya, Eddie !!

BobtheCkroach
02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
They played in my hometown once maybe 5-7 years ago, and I was busy and very bummed that I couldn't see them.

Sorry to hear that he's passed. It was quite the show, from what I heard.

NastyDawg
02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
wow, I had no idea about him, like HPC said his stats are impressive. I would have loved to see him in person.

SASQUATCH
02-11-2007, 03:04 AM
I saw him in person in 1979 at a tryout I went to and he was playing an showing some skills to the people before we had out tryouts and he was impressive and a nice man.
I didn't get his autograph but my friend did and until this day he still has it on his glove. A Legend for sure. . .