PDA

View Full Version : new rig, 3dMark05 scores

Grimmy
02-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Just got my new rig all together and I think I have it all updated n such and just got done running 3DMark05.

Specs are as follows:
EVGA 122-CK-NF68 mobo
Intell Core 2 Duo E6600@2.4GHz
2Gig of Corsair XMS Dominator SDRAM DDR2 800
ATI Radeon X1950XTX 512MB GDDR4 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP
WD Raptor 74G 10,000RPM Sata HD
Thermaltake 700W PS

So far, I am happy :jammin:

Speedsweeper
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Nice rig Grim. :)

DiTomasso
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
looks good, grimmy :eek: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Congrats Grim, that's a nice system. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey Grim. Can you shhot me a PM with the cost of all that if you don't mind.

OUTLAWS Tip
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Nice rig!!

I am looking at doing much the same sometime this year. One thing I would like is for my new system to not be as noisy as my current pc.

Is your system quiet when not gaming? Also interested if that raptor drive is louder than a regular 7200 rpm Hard drive.

I'm Jealous - ;)

NastyDawg
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Nice rig Grimms!!!

Grimmy
02-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Nice rig!!

I am looking at doing much the same sometime this year. One thing I would like is for my new system to not be as noisy as my current pc.

Is your system quiet when not gaming? Also interested if that raptor drive is louder than a regular 7200 rpm Hard drive.

I'm Jealous - ;)

I will have to get back to you on this Tip. I currently am still using my old main desktop, as my main, till I get everything moved over, and setup. My old main, the case has 7 fans, plus the fan on the proc, which I can almost hear across the house. I am just used to the noice, plus I have a air purifier running in the room as well. I flood all that noise out with 5.1 Klipsch Pro Media speakers :jammin:

I am using the Thermaletake Armor Jr. case, and it has 2 fans, one in front and another in back. So far, I haven't been able to hear it at all LOL. I have it sitting on the floor under my desk, so that will give rid of some noise.

I love that hard drive though. I was gaming while installing windows last night, and it seemed everytime I looked over, it was waiting for my to click on something, so I slowed the install of windows down, but it only took about 15 minutes. In about an hour, give or take a few minutes, I had windows installed, and all 85 windows updates downloaded and installed, mobo drivers, updated bios, and vid card drivers and software installed. Now it's pretty much moving files and setting over from my old desktop, which is going to take a while.

I don't have my speakers hooked up to it yet, just have it in my bot side of the desk, on a kvm switch with another computer, so I could use my apps for gaming and such while I set it up and game at the same time :D Multitask ftw lol!

Who, PM sent!

He Is Legend
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
awesome rig

would have went for AMD myself . but awesome choice on the duals :D

FUS1ON
02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
So far, I am happy :jammin:

I bet that is an gross understatement, that system is smoking.