PDA

View Full Version : Is there a such software to rip music off videos?

j5tar
02-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Is there a program where I can rip music out of videos like the ones from youtube? Thanks.

Grimmy
02-20-2007, 09:14 AM
I think it would be easier to just find out the artist and well, go that route.

Brandon
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
lol ya it would be much easyer that way

and as for ripping it outa the vids just use a sound recorder or screen recorder and put the settings for just sound

Caged Anger
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
there are a crapload of programs out there that, while not designed specifically for what you want, can do it just fine. To tell you the truth, there is no better way than popping open Audacity and simply pressing record while watching the movie.

However, if you are hellbent on a program, use www.keepvid.com to download the FLV youtube video, then open it with the RAD Video Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm) which are free. (Note it will not display FLV files in the file viewer unless you click view all files)

Click on your movie, then hit convert (pay attention here), make sure you uncheck convert video then play around with the audio settings before hitting convert again. This will process the video and export the audio as a .WAV which can then be left as is or further converted using audacity or a batch conversion program to mp3, ogg, ect.

Please note that if you should forget to uncheck convert video, there is the possability you will run into the same interesting problem I did when I tried to use Rad to convert FLV video and that is you are landed with a file that is not supposed to actually exist and yet it does, causing explorer.exe to give you issues until you manage to find a way to delete the bastard file :)

Audio conversion programs work fairly universal and shouldn't give you trouble. However...video conversion is another thing entirely :rolleyes:

j5tar
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

UPDATE: I keep getting this error "Error opening audio input file"
I followed your steps but for the audio thing, I checked 16 bit stereo and other stuff but I keep getting a error no matter what I check. I tried like 6 times already.

Caged Anger
02-21-2007, 01:34 AM
did you try leaving it on the defaults?

j5tar
02-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I tried it a few times with default but it gives the same error, then I played it around a little and same thing happens. It happens to all the youtube videos.

Caged Anger
02-23-2007, 03:02 AM
hmm, perhaps its because of all the codecs i have installed. Well if it didn't work out, stick with Audacity

j5tar
02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
For Audicity, do I have to convert it to mpeg4, avi, wma first? Or can it directly convert to audio from the FLV file?

Caged Anger
02-24-2007, 04:12 AM
no, to use audacity, u must only play the video on youtube and just before it starts, select in audacity to record off either the wave line or something titled along the lines of what-you-hear. Then save as mp3, ogg, or wav