PDA

View Full Version : Number 6

OUTLAWS high ping camper
02-26-2007, 04:16 AM
Ok OK, I promise this will be the last PC I pick up at Good Will. I got this HP Pavilion for $16.99 the other day. The hard drive was dead, totally, wouldn't even hum a little. :D Replaced it with a 6.3 Gig fujitsu

Right now I'm trying to get Windows 99 installed on it........Oh yes, I said 99, just enlarge the pic and you'll see it on the screen.

not having much luck though.....it just keeps going in a loop after it installs files and reboots

Mr Clean
03-01-2007, 02:27 AM
I felt bad since no one replied to this...so...here's a reply. Have a nice day HPC :)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-01-2007, 06:04 AM
bastid! :D *

BobtheCkroach
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
You can get computers @ goodwill?!

There's one 5 miles away that I've never gone to...until today.

NastyDawg
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
I felt bad since no one replied to this...so...here's a reply. Have a nice day HPC :)

Rofl

Grimmy
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Never heard of windows 99 before.

I think HPC needs a KVM switch, to help reduce clutter :D

I have one, and I love it, 3 towers, one keyboard, mouse and LCD screen for them all. I change computers at a push of a button, or I can do it via the keyboard with a few keystrokes.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Never heard of windows 99 before.

I think HPC needs a KVM switch, to help reduce clutter :D

I have one, and I love it, 3 towers, one keyboard, mouse and LCD screen for them all. I change computers at a push of a button, or I can do it via the keyboard with a few keystrokes.

I've had 2 KVM switches, they acted too buggy for me. :doh:

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Hmmm KVM switches huh .How good does it work Grimmy ?

Mr Clean
03-02-2007, 01:36 AM

Don't forget he lost electricity recently. I think those switches are power hogs...

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-02-2007, 05:07 AM
lol

Grimmy
03-02-2007, 09:54 AM

I have one here, that I have 3 computers hooked up to, via usb cable, and I love it. To add a computer is really easy, the vid cable goes to an open port on my switch, and then just run a usb (one end A, other end B) to the rig, and your done.

Mine is an expensive one ($500 I gave for it). I have a couple different modes, and the one I wanted was a broadcast mode, so that anything I type on the keyboard, goes to all computers that are connected to it and are turned on (for DAOC).

I like how mine works. I switch computers at a push of a button, and it's saved me a ton of desktop space, which I don't have any to spare, but I can always add another rig very easily.

Currently at my desk, I have 5 computers, 3 on the left on the floor (towers), my laptop right in front of me, and my main rig the tower is on the floor to the right of me, and monitor is just behind my laptop. :)

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-03-2007, 01:42 AM
thanks for the info Grimmy.$500.00 I have to tell the lady a real good one to spend that much lol.

Mr Clean
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
thanks for the info Grimmy.$500.00 I have to tell the lady a real good one to spend that much lol.

Nah, don't worry...Shogun won't mind at all.....I mean..er...n/m :dunno: