PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3 Demo

BobtheCkroach
02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
The demo for C&C:3, which was supposed to be released next week, I thought, was released today. I've been looking forward to this far more than Supreme Commander (and since I was disappointed w/ SC, I hope this is better!)

Linky: http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=75728

I won't be getting this until tomorrow, as I'm leaving for home and have dialup there, but I'll download this tomorrow and have thoughts up either tomorrow night or Wednesday @ the latest.

Sirc
02-27-2007, 03:30 AM
The demo for C&C:3, which was supposed to be released next week, I thought, was released today. I've been looking forward to this far more than Supreme Commander (and since I was disappointed w/ SC, I hope this is better!)

Linky:

I won't be getting this until tomorrow, as I'm leaving for home and have dialup there, but I'll download this tomorrow and have thoughts up either tomorrow night or Wednesday @ the latest.

Ban Bob for double posting. :P

Gun Element
02-27-2007, 03:37 AM

Linky:

You were disappointed with SC? Then I bet you'll be disappointed with C&C 3 too haha just kidding. Let us know when the demo comes out, I can never have enough RTS games.

BobtheCkroach
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Ban Bob for double posting. :P

Double posting? I'm confused.

BobtheCkroach
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
You were disappointed with SC? Then I bet you'll be disappointed with C&C 3 too haha just kidding. Let us know when the demo comes out, I can never have enough RTS games.

In general, I don't like RTS games as much. I've got a love of C&C and WC and StarCraft b/c they're the old favorites from when I was a kid, but I tend not to like new games as much. I probably won't care for C&C that much, but for some reason Supreme Commander just didn't do it for me. I found it a bit hard to control, as with such a big map size, a bit too much to wrap my head around, i guess. overwhelming, maybe.

Oops...I thought I edited this and added the link right after the original posting last night...my bad..

Here's teh link, and I'll add it up above, too.

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=75728

EXEcution
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Double posting? I'm confused.

Check the PC gaming forums. You will see two threads with the same name.

BobtheCkroach
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Check the PC gaming forums. You will see two threads with the same name.

Ooooh. I was looking for 2 posts in the same thread.

This is what I get for trying to mess around with my forum on 14.4 cellphone modem dialup :P

BobtheCkroach
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
The other one had the linky in the first post :P

I knew it posted it sometime! Weird.

Gun Element
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
In general, I don't like RTS games as much. I've got a love of C&C and WC and StarCraft b/c they're the old favorites from when I was a kid, but I tend not to like new games as much. I probably won't care for C&C that much, but for some reason Supreme Commander just didn't do it for me. I found it a bit hard to control, as with such a big map size, a bit too much to wrap my head around, i guess. overwhelming, maybe.

Oops...I thought I edited this and added the link right after the original posting last night...my bad..

Here's teh link, and I'll add it up above, too.

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=75728

That does make sense. I have a feeling that Im leading in the same direction. I was at first bored by the game, but I guess my kid inside me came out enough to enjoy it.

But what do I know, Im only 19 :)

EXEcution
02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Too old.

GOTHIKO
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
im 13 :P

BobtheCkroach
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Finally got to spend some time on this, and I've got to say that I was thoroughly enjoying it. Visually, it's just as good as Supreme Commander. There's more of the squad-based units instead of being able to control each individual unit.

If you're familiar with C&C, you'll feel right at home. I'm not sure when EA/westwood decided to do this, but they finally standardized their controls and made right-click the go-to button. Yeah!

I'll try and get screenies tonight, but right now I'll just leave it at this: I haven't purchased a new RTS game since WoW & FT came out. This will probably end that drought.

Mr Clean
03-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Finally got to spend some time on this, and I've got to say that I was thoroughly enjoying it. Visually, it's just as good as Supreme Commander. There's more of the squad-based units instead of being able to control each individual unit.

If you're familiar with C&C, you'll feel right at home. I'm not sure when EA/westwood decided to do this, but they finally standardized their controls and made right-click the go-to button. Yeah!

I'll try and get screenies tonight, but right now I'll just leave it at this: I haven't purchased a new RTS game since WoW & FT came out. This will probably end that drought.

WOOT cool, don't forget the screenies!

Gun Element
03-15-2007, 06:42 AM
I was watching my friend play the demo and I have to say, I must've been playing too much of Supreme Commander to like this game. Its totally different in a negative way. All of my friends decided not to get it and stick with Supreme Commander till we get tired of the game or when the price drops.