PDA

View Full Version : Babel

BobtheCkroach
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, it's that time of year again. The oscars are over, and I begin to think that I should watch some of these movies that got Oscars, b/c I mean, they gotta be good, right? Every year I do this at least once, and I inevitably walk away under the realization that I clearly do not always define "good" the way the Oscar folks do.

This year, the first incident of that is Babel.

It's an intriguing story, and the acting is superb. Pitt, Blanchett, the Mexican lady and the Japanese girl all do fantastic jobs. It takes almost the entire movie to really see how everything comes together.

SPOILER BUT THE ENDING SUCKED! I'm sick of movies where they tell a story that's like 3 hours long, and it doesn't even feel like it was resolved so much as just stopped!

I would really be interested to hear thoughts from others that have seen it.

I'm curious to find out what it is that people saw in this movie. Individual performances were fantastic, but I don't know what people saw in the movie as a whole.

Caged Anger
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Hate endings like that. They seem to be becoming more and more prevalent with every year.

EXEcution
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Just to let you know that technically the spoiler tags were unnecessary in both Bob's and Caged's post. A spoiler reveals a specific detail about the character or the plot that isn't made obvious to anyone in the trailer or in a short movie description like those found on the back of a DVD.

BobtheCkroach
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
?

Last I checked, you don't get "This movie has a terrible ending" from the back of the DVD case. Revealing the fact that it resolves terribly isn't kinda spoiling the end of the movie?

EXEcution
03-09-2007, 07:56 PM
?

Last I checked, you don't get "This movie has a terrible ending" from the back of the DVD case. Revealing the fact that it resolves terribly isn't kinda spoiling the end of the movie?
Actually no. You might think it had a terrible ending but another person or a large amount of people might not share your opinion. And many DVD descriptions or critic quotes contain things such as "and it all boils down to an unforgettavle dramatic finale that will have you on the edge of your seat." If you specifically said that a character dies at the end (I haven't seen the movie so I have no clue what actually happens) than that would most likely qualify as a spoiler. Again, spoilers are very specific and you should openly post your thoughts and opinions on any part of the movie without giving away too much of the plot.