PDA

View Full Version : 300

Asian Invasian
03-10-2007, 04:40 AM
This movie is balla, if you like action movies, i highly suggest this movie. Anyone checked it out yet?

EXEcution
03-10-2007, 05:41 AM
I'll be seeing it with my friend and my brother on Sunday at an IMAX theater. This will be the first Hollywood movie that I will see in IMAX, I was planning on seeing Batman Begins on the REALLY BIG screen but I didn't have much time since I was going away for the summer that year.

Action movies have always been my favorite since I grew up watching them and this may well define the new way of making them. Almost the entire film was shot behind a blue or green screen much like Sin City so it makes for a very different movie going experience for some.

Thanks Asian for letting us know that it was in fact "balla". I'll post my comments after seeing it. :)

FUS1ON
03-10-2007, 07:46 AM
This is the movie that I want to see the most, everything i've seen and heard says it pwns hard!

Sexyjess
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
ill check it out:)

Xeno
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
sounds like pwnage, gonna check it out

Asian Invasian
03-10-2007, 02:05 PM
you guys wont be disappointed ;)

NastyDawg
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll be seeing it with my friend and my brother on Sunday at an IMAX theater. This will be the first Hollywood movie that I will see in IMAX

From what I have seen about this movie I bet this movie will really rock at a IMax theater.

Pathos
03-10-2007, 07:54 PM
We don't get this till May... MAY!!!!! Two long months before i can unload the mother of all orgasms!

Australia = A fancy name for slow torture.

Fifth
03-10-2007, 08:02 PM
you guys wont be disappointed ;)

We'll see. :)

Nitro
03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
ima go see it tonight

SASQUATCH
03-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I believe its base on the Peloponnesian War in 404 BC, except its Hollywood version because the true hero and the brain of the war was Delian.

This is a movie I will want to see it in IMax theater.

FUS1ON
03-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Chico and I went to see it tonight and this a definite MUST SEE movie! The special effects are out of this world, the acting was great. By looking at the women you can tell it was cold there. :D If you had $10 left to your name and spent it to go see this movie, I would say you spent it wisely.

That was the first movie i've seen in over ten years at a theater, $9 for a drink and some popcorn ...... You have got to be kidding me, I damn near fell out!

Nitro
03-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Great movie..although don't see it in the Imax

Asian Invasian
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Great movie..although don't see it in the Imax

still awesome though.

Nitro
03-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Awesome? Hell no, it was BEYOND awesome

Nitro
03-12-2007, 03:50 AM
I dunno, it just seemed to me that at least in the one I was in, the picture quality wasnt superb. It doesnt matter though, because everything was still 4 times as alrge and yes, it must have been awfully cold for her :D

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Nitro and Shogun Have both taken the words out of my mouth .The Movie was awsome .I will probably pick it up on dvd when it comes out to add to my collection of over 250 dvd's.

Asian Invasian
03-12-2007, 06:19 AM
It is my new favorite movie, glad to hear people agree with me :D

NastyDawg
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
That was the first movie i've seen in over ten years at a theater, $9 for a drink and some popcorn ...... You have got to be kidding me, I damn near fell out!

Sho you need to get out more my friend! http://bestsmileys.com/silly/11.gif

Can't wait going to see it Tuesday night!

BobtheCkroach
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe I'll have to go see it. The trailers made it look like yet another "epic" that ends up feeling to me like just another movie.

I'm completely tired of the genre, but maybe I'll give it a try.

Asian Invasian
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe I'll have to go see it. The trailers made it look like yet another "epic" that ends up feeling to me like just another movie.

I'm completely tired of the genre, but maybe I'll give it a try.

the action is filmed in a very new style. I suggest you at least give it a try, im almost positive you will love it :)

FUS1ON
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah and it was like it was limited with just a few variations of certain colors, IIRC they were black, white, yellow, red and maybe green and the rest were filtered out. It was different, but it worked.

SASQUATCH
03-13-2007, 05:29 AM
I dunno, it just seemed to me that at least in the one I was in, the picture quality wasnt superb. It doesnt matter though, because everything was still 4 times as alrge and yes, it must have been awfully cold for her :D

Not where I went to see it. :D

SASQUATCH
03-13-2007, 05:30 AM
I will probably pick it up on dvd when it comes out to add to my collection of over 250 dvd's.

I plan to wait for it to come out in HD. heheheh :D

Nitro
03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
A funny moment was during the first love scene, some preteen girl in the theater said "why is he hurting her""

everyone started dying laughing

Asian Invasian
03-14-2007, 09:05 PM
A funny moment was during the first love scene, some preteen girl in the theater said "why is he hurting her""

everyone started dying laughing

ahahahhaha awesome, not a movie they should bring their little child too though..

FUS1ON
03-17-2007, 02:56 PM
"Last Stand of The 300" will be aired tonight on the History Channel

After Custer, Thermopylae is the most famous last stand in history. In a narrow pass in Northern Greece, seven thousand Greek soldiers await an onslaught of epic proportions. They will soon face the largest fighting force ever assembled--the war machine of the mighty Persian Empire, estimated at over a million men. The Greeks are led by three hundred of the most ferocious warriors of the ancient world--the Spartans. Their leader is the fearless King Leonidas, who after this battle would be catapulted into legend. When it is over, every Spartan in the pass will have sacrificed his life for freedom. Creating a fresh visual style and using new technologies we will dramatically recreate the significant events that lead to Thermopylae and the clash of arms.

Rating: TVPG V

Running Time: 120 minutes

Genre:

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=214233

Saturday, March 17
08:00 PM

Sunday, March 18
12:00 AM

Friday, March 30
08:00 AM

Friday, March 30
02:00 PM

DiTomasso
03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
coming soon in a theater near you

:mad: not out yet , liked the trailer.

going to the prestige tonight:D

Mr Clean
03-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Chico and I went to see it tonight and this a definite MUST SEE movie! The special effects are out of this world, the acting was great. By looking at the women you can tell it was cold there. :D If you had $10 left to your name and spent it to go see this movie, I would say you spent it wisely.

Did you and Chico hold hands?

Mr Clean
03-17-2007, 08:24 PM
You gotta love the critics. Most say this film isn't worth the time. So everyone at GM that has seen it has loved it, regardless of age, the place they call home, background, etc...

I think the best way to judge a movie rated by the critics is to do the exact opposite of what they recommend...

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-17-2007, 10:12 PM
My wife went with Shogun and I also ,We held hands and when the lights went out she said some things that would make a normal person blush (not me ).
The critics sometimes get it right and when they do it usually is a movie that a blind person could tell it is good.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Did you and Chico hold hands?

No they did not. Sho puta hole in the bottom of the popcorn.

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh now my wife is in deep trouble cause she was eating alot of popcorn!!!!!!!!!

FUS1ON
03-18-2007, 03:29 AM
The "Last Stand of The 300" was 2 hours long and went into details before during and after the battle at Thermopylae. They also went to details on the naval battles that the movie never said anything about.

I didn't know this until I watched that show, but it explains about the battle of Marathon. After the Altheans rout the Persians, they sent a runner to go Athens to tell of the events which was 26 miles away from where they were and that is where the name of the running events came from and why the distance of 26 miles is used today. He ran into the city yelling Nike which means victory, but as he reached the place where we was headed he dropped dead.

Another thing they cover is that instead of the Persian having to march around the Black Sea which would have added 2 years to their march they erect a 1 mile bridge made up of boats tied together to cross this river. That is a pretty big engineering project for that time.

It's a very interesting show.

Asian Invasian
03-18-2007, 09:09 AM
You gotta love the critics. Most say this film isn't worth the time. So everyone at GM that has seen it has loved it, regardless of age, the place they call home, background, etc...

I think the best way to judge a movie rated by the critics is to do the exact opposite of what they recommend...

And that is exactly true.

Mr Clean
03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
No they did not. Sho puta hole in the bottom of the popcorn.

LOL

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Just finished watching it. Screw the movie people this movie was insane.

BobtheCkroach
03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
So, I can finally be the first person to say...I didn't like it.

I was probably already pre-biased and it was doomed from the start, but it was exactly what I thought it was.

It was pretty, but it felt like "just another epic". I actually found myself really into the story parts, and when the action came, I couldn't wait for it to be over, b/c I just wanted to get back to the story scenes.

I'm not angry that I spent $25 bucks on it (after two tickets and pop/popcorn) but I certainly won't be spending any more on it, either.

So there. Eat me alive, GM, but I really honestly didn't like it, and was actually kinda bored after the first 1/2 or so was over.

Nitro
03-19-2007, 03:01 PM
It's your opinion and that's perfectly fine. :)

Mr Clean
03-20-2007, 04:04 AM

I was probably already pre-biased and it was doomed from the start, but it was exactly what I thought it was.

It was pretty, but it felt like "just another epic". I actually found myself really into the story parts, and when the action came, I couldn't wait for it to be over, b/c I just wanted to get back to the story scenes.

I'm not angry that I spent $25 bucks on it (after two tickets and pop/popcorn) but I certainly won't be spending any more on it, either.

So there. Eat me alive, GM, but I really honestly didn't like it, and was actually kinda bored after the first 1/2 or so was over.

Fair enough Bob :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-21-2007, 01:13 AM

I kinda feel the same way. It's not really my "type" of movie. I only enjoyed it because of the visual effects and the fighting scenes plus seeing it in IMAX made it even cooler. I didn't really like the dialog or the characters.

For me Sin City was a lot cooler. It was much more interesting and packed a pretty big punch. The movie deserves a 9/10 for it's visuals but a 6/10 for the rest.

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Now see Sin City was just ok for me ,I did like the way they intertwinned the times to relate to each other. But 300 was for me fighting for what they thought was right and knowing the odds but fighting with pride till death. How much more nobel can you get.

EXEcution
03-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Now see Sin City was just ok for me ,I did like the way they intertwinned the times to relate to each other. But 300 was for me fighting for what they thought was right and knowing the odds but fighting with pride till death. How much more nobel can you get.
Well I can appreciate the Spartan bravery and skills but it just doesn't connect with me as much as seeing a giant Mickey Rourke fight with a cannibalistic version of Frodo. :D

rancid monkey
03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Me and DH went to see it on sunday. It was just awesome!

Die Hard
03-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Sure was Rancidio :thumbs:

Cyborg
03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
will be seeing it soon trailer looks brill:thumbs:

Pathos
03-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Went to an advanced screening here in Sydney about a week back and forcibly popped my IMAX cherry! Will post my thoughts later (one word summary: MOAN!), but in the meantime here's an assortment of quotes i've plucked from a variety of reviews... these generated a good ol' chuckle while more or less mirroring my thoughts:
The movie "300" is rated R for "RAAAAAR!"
I feel comfortable enough in my (relative lack of) masculinity to say that if I had to stand in the presence of these men for more than ten seconds, I’d spontaneously grow a pair of ovaries.
I’d put it somewhere between “Top Gun” and “Commando” in terms of homoerotic military epics.
Tonight, I had my face blown off in a movie theater. When the lights came up, I had to look on the floor to find my face and then put it back on.
I liked the oracle's nipple dance as much as any dude, but it's just filling time.
We get it: Persians, oppressive, Spartans, cool badasses with hot wives who should be saved.
Their doomed, idealistic quest is reminiscent of "Letters From Iwo Jima," only without the self-pity. The heroes fight for pride, honor, democracy and the right to leave the toilet seat up.
They battle the millions-strong army of the Persians, which includes wave after wave of easily disposed screaming maniacs and gimongous armored rhinos and war elephants that got kicked out of the zoo for being too big and angry.
...the end result is three hundred of Sparta's finest facing down an army so large even Cecil B. DeMille would say, "Well, f!uck me."
Visceral, splatter-tastic, and screamingly homoerotic, it’s basically a splash-panel money shot sustained for two solid hours.
Stand down, Showgirls; a new shining star of queer cinema has been erected.
...there are some naked women in this film, but almost every naked woman scene has a muscular dude giving the screen an ass picnic.
...a type of machismo-ad-absurdum where chiseled studs stand around in flowing capes, posing like hybrids of Michelangelo's David and WWE wrestlers, their bulging biceps and ripped abs shining in the sunlight while they talk and laugh about murder and death.
I have a feeling that a lot of high school sports coaches are going to show this film to their teams before they play.
...they could’ve called it KITTENS MAKING CANDLES and it’d still rule.
It's called "300" because that's how many stars it deserves.
My final analysis is that 300 is the most ass-ruling movie I’ve seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.

DiTomasso
04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Seen it, go with Pathos :thumbs: , but what struck me was the final battlescene:eek:
All the time they beat the crap out of these persians and then in a few minutes its over and out with the 300. :mad:

they also use the 300 clips for the NHL on NASN :thumbs:

UncleSam
04-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I loved 300 - Kicked major Arse

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
The comment my girl made after seeing the movie was the best one. She looked at me and said I just grew a D***!!!!

Sexyjess
04-04-2007, 12:03 PM
nowi seen it i liked it :) maybe felt a bit short in the story otherwise it was good :)

Xeno
05-16-2007, 01:21 AM
whatta hell was that?
they should left the monsters part, seriously , there weren't any monsters or something like that, and what!!?? the army of "UNDEAD" !?!?!?? with SILVER MASKS !?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? :eek:Walls of Dead Persers !!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????!??!? :eek::eek: Why they put sh1ts on th' movie that weren't excist!
Totally cr4p. The fights were great and the beginning where Leonidas kicked the persers into the hole bcuz the perser asked If they are crazy to fight against 1 mil. fighters [yes we are like that :D]! I missed in the movie the word which Leonidas said "Molon Lave!" (means: Come and Get us!) but it was okay,
not awesome but okay! although I was waiting for more ..

The real story with the film has big difference :thumbs:

Freedom or Death! that's our saying & what our flag says!

SoulReaver
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I thought the first 30 minutes or so was complete crap. Afterwards though, it finally got better.

FUS1ON
07-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Coming to DVD July 31st

PJ'l_Master
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
whatta hell was that?
they should left the monsters part, seriously , there weren't any monsters or something like that, and what!!?? the army of "UNDEAD" !?!?!?? with SILVER MASKS !?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? :eek:Walls of Dead Persers !!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????!??!? :eek::eek: Why they put sh1ts on th' movie that weren't excist!
Totally cr4p. The fights were great and the beginning where Leonidas kicked the persers into the hole bcuz the perser asked If they are crazy to fight against 1 mil. fighters [yes we are like that :D]! I missed in the movie the word which Leonidas said "Molon Lave!" (means: Come and Get us!) but it was okay,
not awesome but okay! although I was waiting for more ..

The real story with the film has big difference :thumbs:

Freedom or Death! that's our saying & what our flag says!

the movie was based off a graphic novel, the graphic novel was based off the events...loosely :P

MORGANA
10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
What a crap movie..

Wiper
10-28-2007, 07:35 PM
What a crap movie..

Loved it big time :o

Nitro
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
What a crap movie..

that's name calling. give a reason instead of bashing the movie :)

Wiper
10-28-2007, 09:26 PM
that's name calling. give a reason instead of bashing the movie :)

Hehe, maybe she thought it was that bad that she didn't wanted to use anymore words than necessary to bash it :D

MORGANA
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Exactly!:D It was only exaggerate in everything(including this "body- building club actors"), i was excepted more but highly part of movie was boring, that way boring, that i was a bit happy when this movie finally finished..:P
Hehe, maybe she thought it was that bad that she didn't wanted to use anymore words than necessary to bash it :D

ME BIGGD01
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I liked the movie but was less impressed with the story line as it missed many or did not even explain the full story. I actually wanted to see this in the movies but finally got to watch it on dvd last week. I will watch it again though because sometimes youmiss a lot of things. I think the story was off a bit from the facts or maybe due to time, they can only give you a half ass version.

SASQUATCH
11-10-2007, 02:57 PM
It was less then half of a version of the real story that happen many years ago. If you watch history channel or read about it like I have you would enjoy it much more for it will at least give you an idea of how it came to be for this movie. Of course being that it was Hollywood they can exaggerate to make it fun to watch but the real hero was not only on the ground but at the sea and a lot more to the story which I enjoyed reading and even a portion of it in History Channel.

FUS1ON
02-21-2008, 02:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2t58CRmbU

Nitro
02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
i have never seen so many semi-clad ultra muscular men in all my life as in that movie

BIGSHOW201
02-21-2008, 09:11 PM
This movie Rocked Big Time but i did watch the History channel first to get complete story line behind the real 300.. it would have been cool if they (hollywood) would have add fighting from the Sea and bay with the Ships.

ho yea I also bought it to add to my 300 plus DVD collection..

Die Hard
02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Books are teh best :)

FUS1ON
02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah but in the book you can't see teh boobies or tell how cold it was :P

EXEcution
02-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah but in the book you can't see teh boobies or tell how cold it was :P

300 is a graphic novel by Frank Miller so maybe you CAN!!!

Wiper
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
300 is a graphic novel by Frank Miller so maybe you CAN!!!

Better go to the hentai thread for that :P

MichaleH
06-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Hi. I'm useless.