PDA

View Full Version : CompUSA to Close Nearly 130 Stores

FUS1ON
03-11-2007, 07:46 PM
CompUSA announces plans to close over half of its US locations
http://www.dailytech.com/CompUSA%20to%20Close%20Nearly%20130%20Stores/article6258.htm

You might be able to find some good deals. This is a list of the locations that will be closing.
http://www.compusa.com/locations/closing_stores.asp

Nitro
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
This is awesome.

I'm going to go today

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Tacoma Washington woo hoo! Thanks Shogun.

Dan2
03-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks Sho!!:thumbs:

Death Engineer
03-12-2007, 01:41 AM
I always thought CompUSA was a rip off on all but a very few loss leader deals they would do every once in a while. I much more frequently buy from Fry's, Best Buy, or Circuit City.

Pure_Evil
03-12-2007, 05:12 AM
thanks Sho :thumbs:

NastyDawg
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Crap, none within 100 miles closing around this crap hole of a area I live in.

BobtheCkroach
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Normally I never go near the store b/c the deals generally suck, but I'll have to remember to venture down there sometime soon b/c it's closing!

03-18-2007, 07:58 AM
I always thought CompUSA was a rip off on all but a very few loss leader deals they would do every once in a while. I much more frequently buy from Fry's, Best Buy, or Circuit City.

Once Best Buy and Fry's hit San Diego I barely ever went into a Comp USA... I remember buying my Voodoo 2 card at the one in Encinitas, CA when I lived a few minutes away. Ran Quake II smooth as silk... :P

PJ'l_Master
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Grand Rapids CompUSA Superstore
Store # 781 Training Center Small Business Center Apple® Solutions Consultant (ASC) In-Store Home Electronics
3940 28th St Se
East Paris Crossroads
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

/mourn

now i'll like...have to go to best buy if i need something in a hurry *cringes*

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I can't beleive I am gonna drive to Miami to see what they got. If I can get a cheap power supply the drive is worth it.

OUTLAWS Tip
04-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I've gone for a look around at their local store three times. I've left all three times with nothing in my hands. The store was about half empty this weekend and still I found no bargains pertinent to me. You may get a deal on a power supply. I was looking at routers and they still have better deals at BestBuy. Most of their stuff was 20% off regular retail price. If you find the same items on sale anywhere they will equal or beat Compusa. Wish I new the last day they were going to be open. I might be able to find something then. LOL

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I've gone for a look around at their local store three times. I've left all three times with nothing in my hands. The store was about half empty this weekend and still I found no bargains pertinent to me. You may get a deal on a power supply. I was looking at routers and they still have better deals at BestBuy. Most of their stuff was 20% off regular retail price. If you find the same items on sale anywhere they will equal or beat Compusa. Wish I new the last day they were going to be open. I might be able to find something then. LOL

Same thing. Drove down to the land where nobody speaks English. Saw nothing. Got into huge arguement with girlfriend over the fact that nobody understood me. She got pissed when I started screaming Jesus f***ing Christ we are in mother f***ing America learn the F***ing language.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Yep, been there, done that. We had one going out of business not far from where I live, and went back there for 3 weeks in a row, never bought a darned thing.......still fun to look though.
If I had bought anything, it would have been the used "monster cable" cables that they had been using in store...they were going pretty cheap.