PDA

View Full Version : Registry people

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I need some help here. Let's see if someone can help me. I am trying to install .net framework to get a printer working on this system. When I installed SP2 I decided not to put the .net framework in for some odd reason that I can't remember.

When I tried to install it I got an error message that stated rollback is not enabled and gave me the link below for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312499/

Upon going to the above link the file that I am looking for within my registry does not exist. I attached a pic to show what is in the folder within my registry that the link was talking about. Is there a way to fix this without having to reformat this system. If anyone can help I will gladly pay for it.

Thanks in advance
Who

Caged Anger
04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
do you happen to have system restore turned off by any chance?

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
do you happen to have system restore turned off by any chance?

I turned it on to try and install it and got the exact same results.

Caged Anger
04-03-2007, 12:33 AM
don't hate me for asking this, but you turned it on and rebooted, right?

Death Engineer
04-03-2007, 04:49 AM
When I installed SP2 I decided not to put the .net framework in for some odd reason that I can't remember.

I didn't know that was possible. The software I work on requires the .NET framework and I'm afraid that the handful of times that I've heard of problems with it after installing SP2, our customers ended up formatting and reloading (or at least repair installing). :(

BobtheCkroach
04-03-2007, 02:29 PM
It's probably not even worth bringing up, but you're sure you're installing the correct framework, right?

There are 3 versions of it out there, and depending on the app, you could need any of them.

there's a version 1.1, a version 2.0 and a version 3.0.

Probably not the issue, but if you happen to be trying 1.1 when you need 2.0 anyways, it's worth ruling out.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Gonna try to add the reg line myself. I have a friend walking me through it. Either way this system is on the fritz anyway. Gotta love the need for a new one. But too lazy to buy it.

ME BIGGD01
04-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Whodaddy, not sure what youa re trying to do but these things should be in windows update. I do not think editing the registry is what is needed but really, I am not sure of what exactly youa re trying to do.

Try this link and see if what you need is there http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa731542.aspx

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
What I had to do was put the reg line that was missing in. Once I did that I was able to install the .net framework which allowed me to install the printer software. Not from the cd though. I had to dump the files from the cd on my HD in order to get the software to install properly. All is well and the printer is now working with all the nedded software as well. I am a Happy Camper.