PDA

View Full Version : I will admit, Jobs is brilliant

Caged Anger
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/news/2007/04/emihardware_0403

I hate Macs, let me make that clear

Jobs' tactics are completely incredable though. He is the first to jump on this idea and I think Macintosh is about to see its stock skyrocket again

Pure_Evil
04-03-2007, 01:07 PM
:rofl:it's smoke and mirrors bro, their computers and O.S. still suck monkey butt and are overpriced! People still wont pay twice as much for a mac than a PC for music, at least the majority wont! The funny part is, the problems people are experiencing with Vista are the same problems Mac users had with O.S. X, but the PC issues are at a smaller scale.

Can anyone feel my hate of macs?

BobtheCkroach
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
:rofl:it's smoke and mirrors bro, their computers and O.S. still suck monkey butt and are overpriced! People still wont pay twice as much for a mac than a PC for music, at least the majority wont! The funny part is, the problems people are experiencing with Vista are the same problems Mac users had with O.S. X, but the PC issues are at a smaller scale.

You dont' have to have a Mac to benefit from this. I won't go near a mac, but I use Itunes, which is easily the best digital media management tool I've ever seen, and I use an Ipod. I purchase from Itunes and I'm thrilled to see DRM-Free music coming in.

If they're switching, it'll put a lot of pressure on other digital content providers to do teh same, and that's a win for the consumer.

He Is Legend
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM

i feel your hate of macs . x10

Caged Anger
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
hate of macs :thumbs:

ITunes is one upping all other music downlaod sites though by offering 256kbps AAC coded tracks which offer superior quality for 30 cents more / track

SASQUATCH
04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Mac I use it a lot now and I rather use it for 3D and other artistic development then PC. Mac has better software for 3D etc and I also notice it doesn't crash like the PC's I have at home. I find it much better to use even if it's more expensive etc, but it's worth it for me for my work. I use the PC mostly now for games and for backup(Server).

Death Engineer
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
I find it interesting that Apple's Jobs is such a proponent of DRM-free music when the Ipod it probably the worst offender in this arena. ("Why can't I play this MP3 that I bought off this website on my Ipod?" "Because you need to buy it again from Apple's Itunes.")

And don't try to tell me that this isn't how Stevie wants it. It's also interesting how his stance on audio doesn't really translate to video. I hold Apple in no higher regard than Microsoft in the arena of locking people in and forcing them down one path whether it's the best one or not.