PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

Caged Anger
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Well Sirc, you wanted another great topic for discussion, sorry I'm late :thumbs:

I'm sorry people, but these headlines are disgusting me. I see nothing more than a Chicken Little rerun and I've had enough of it. great, yea, *mehbe there is a great problem facing us. Instead of inciting panic and chaos, why not try offering us solutions to the problem, inform us of the steps being taken right now to address the problem.

But do you see this? No, there is headline after headline, "PERIL! DANGER! IMMINENT PROBLEMS!" all of which gets people nowhere but turned around and scared.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21516984-30417,00.html

I'm not alone is this viewpoint either
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=521512007

Nitro
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM
you just don't get it do you?

Caged Anger
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
*Caged stares blankly....

Is there more to that line or...? Come on Nitro, if you're going to post post something that contributes for gods sake

SASQUATCH
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
We do need to get down to business and as far as our government and there so call being paid under the table scientist we would need to act as soon as possible. Major Corps know very well that they will lose money but in the end can gain but are not willing. Earth goes through a cycle but being that this is an industrial age it is happening more rapidly than expected. South America fortress the animals that once existed are gone and in an alarming rate. This is just a small tipping stone of what I’m saying and the Polar bears scientist or wild life researcher have found some drowning because of the Ice caps are melting rapidly and can’t swim that far and these Polar bear are excellent swimmers and can swim between 50 to 60 miles, yet finding some that have drowned is alarming to the wild life researchers. This doesn’t mean that we need to drop everything but to begin working together light shutting down your lights that are not being used etc. If we can cooperate together including our government to push for new resource that can save not only money to the people, (which btw we have technology that would destroy the wealthy energy source company and save so much money for the people but I will not get into that), but slow down the process of the earth’s changing. IF we act now, it can do a lot of good. The longer we wait the harder it will be and mostly if not too late.

I don’t know about you but I am not willing to take that chance but act quickly because my nephews in 20 years from now or our next generation will have to deal with it and make up for lost time.

SASQUATCH
04-06-2007, 09:16 PM
One other thing.

Every time we wait longer some type of natural life is dieing.

If one dies and does not exist it screws up the ego system for animal life and it will go down like domino's.

ME BIGGD01
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Global Warming is a bunch of BS if you ask me. I rememeber the best healdine on drudge reprot a few months ago which stated Global Warming march canceled due to snow storm. That was funny as hell and pretty much makes my point.

We have no control of Mother Nature. Do I think we can stop polluting? Yes and we can maek things cleaner but all of this hype about Global Warming is nothing more than a political BS movement. Like the slob Gore who accepts rewards about doucmentrys he made etc when he himself is more guilty than the majority of people. Give him another award for the biggest asshole.

I think I will keep to faith of God instead of scientists. IF that's how I go down, then so be it.

NastyDawg
04-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree with Bigggs,
and whys is Global Warming happening 4 times faster on Mars, last time I checked there was no Industrialisation of Mars.

Global warming hits Mars too, study shows
http://english.people.com.cn/200704/05/eng20070405_364060.html

SASQUATCH
04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
This has nothing to do with Gore and it didn’t influence me ok.
Now if you do your research in South America is a good example you will see what I mean because if we think that way then you will see more animals become extinct and I mean all types of living things. This affects many animals that depend on it and when that goes it affects the chain of survival. My concern is not only children but the love I have for the animals because they are being hit the hardest, only because not only is the earth changing but we are populating in many areas that are affecting the wild life, Elephants who are compassionate, intelligent creatures and are so family oriented and the Bangle Tigers which I believe now there is less than 2500 in south Asia. With the earth changing and I do say again rapidly with our help we can start now why wait later. In the pass 75 to 100 years has the industrial become so intense that it now does play a role on the earth’s changes. I wish most of you would check it out a bit more to see what I mean because I have done a lot of reading and it doesn’t mean I have all the answers but it pays to read through it and do your own research. Look at it this way, why take a chance and why not prepare for the next generation by beginning now because when they look back they will see and ask themselves why we didn’t start it sooner. Remember the animals will be the first to get hit the hardest and that to me is worth starting now and this is why I contribute money to the course to help and I at times if not all the time shut down my lights that are not being used and even when I wash my cloths I don’t even use the dryer as much as I use to but dry them the old fashion way because for that moment I don’t need to use it so by hanging it to dry while I use something else makes an important contribution to help the course, If every family can do a little by shutting down the lights, when not being used or drying etc, can make a difference.

I will not say any more because I feel it’s something that every individual has to know for themselves. At least I can provide some input that may have you think and consider. It is the best I can do and with that nothing more I can really do but hope for the best.

;)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh Dear God Sas Please I beg of you use the dryer. Please don't let the people in your neighborhood see the skid marks.

Sirc
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh Dear God Sas Please I beg of you use the dryer. Please don't let the people in your neighborhood see the skid marks.

Oh thanks. It's gonna take a while to get that image outta my head now.

SASQUATCH
04-07-2007, 04:19 PM

LOL hehehehe

Pure_Evil
04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Climbers Present Firsthand Views Of Glacial Meltdown

April 8, 2007
By JOHN HEILPRIN, Associated Press
BEND, Ore. -- Mountaineers are bringing back firsthand accounts of vanishing glaciers, melting ice routes, crumbling rock formations and flood-prone lakes where glaciers once rose.

The observations are transforming a growing number of alpine and ice climbers, some of whom have scientific training, into eyewitnesses of global warming. Increasingly, they are deciding not to leave it to scientists to tell the entire story.

"I personally have done a bunch of ice climbs around the world that no longer exist," said Yvon Chouinard, a renowned climber and surfer and founder of Patagonia Inc., an outdoor clothing and gear company that champions the environment. "I mean, I was aghast at the change."

Chouinard pointed to recent trips where the ice had all but disappeared on the famous Diamond Couloir of 16,897-foot Mount Kenya, and snow was absent at low elevations on 4,409-foot Ben Nevis, Britain's highest peak, in the Highlands of northwest Scotland. He sees a role for climbers in debating climate change, even if their chronicles are unscientific.

"Most people don't care whether the ice goes or not, the kind of ice that we climb on and stuff," he said. But climbers' stories, he added, can "make it personal, instead of just scientists talking about it. Telling personal stories might hit home to some people."

Alpine climbers are worrying about the loss of classic routes and potential new lines up mountains that are melting, from the Cascades in the Pacific Northwest and the Alps in Europe to the Andes in South America and the Himalaya in Asia.

Their anecdotes often reflect what science is finding, but with stories and pictures from places where most scientists aren't able to reach.

"As climbers we see these places, we go all over the world," Mark Bowen, a climber and physicist who wrote a book on climate and mountains, told the American Alpine Club at its annual meeting last week in Bend.

"We're in touch with the natural world like few people are. We can see the changes better than most people can," he said.

Scientists and diplomats at an international conference in Belgium predicted on Friday that global warming would turn many glaciers to lakes and cause rock avalanches because of frozen ground melting up high. People living in mountain areas can expect more risk of floods by glacial lakes.

Already, Switzerland's Matterhorn had to be closed to some climbing at times because of recent summer rockfall attributed to global warming and its Great Aletsch Glacier - Europe's largest - has retreated a couple miles from its peak of 14 miles in length in 1860.

At Montana's Glacier National Park, glaciers are vanishing like the storied snows of Africa's Mount Kilimanjaro.

The glacier from which Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay made their first ascent of 29,035-foot Mount Everest in 1953 has retreated so much that mountaineers now walk hours longer to reach it. A mile-long lake replaced the glacier at 20,305-foot Island Peak in Nepal's Everest region.

Japanese mountaineer and explorer Tomatsu Nakamura, editor of the Japanese Alpine News, said climbers are seeing more melting and less snow and ice in the mountains of the eastern Himalaya, Tibet and Bhutan, home to many of the highest unclimbed peaks in the world.

Global warming is a real problem, it's about time we step up and start taking care of the planet and stop worrying about being inconvienced....