PDA

View Full Version : Ownage!!!

Pure_Evil
04-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Little E and I went to the Yankees game today, his first of the year! We were
blessed with great seats for a incredible game. Here's the summary of the ninth:

" New York's improbable rally started after Cleveland closer Joe Borowski had
retired the first two batters after coming on to protect a 6-2 lead.

Substitute first baseman Josh Phelps homered, Jorge Posada singled, Johnny Damon
walked and Derek Jeter and Bobby Abreu followed with singles to make it 6-5 and
bring A-Rod to the plate.

Rodriguez, who had hit safely in all 13 Yankee games with a major league-leading
nine homers and 23 runs batted in entering the game, had gone hitless to that
point and struck out twice.

After a wild pitch moved the runners up to second and third base, A-Rod
connected on a 1-0 fastball and sent it over the centerfield wall for his second
walk-off homer of the season."
Little E learned a valuable lesson... never give up, never quit. down 4 runs, 1 out
left, and the Yanks rallied! There were only about 15,000 fans, but man were we
loud!

Here's a picture from our seats. :jammin:

http://members.cox.net/pure_e/ownage-a-rod.jpg

PJ'l_Master
04-20-2007, 03:44 AM
oh god my computer! its melting!

BobtheCkroach
04-20-2007, 04:12 AM
I hate the Yanks as much as the next guy, but that would have been one heck of an awesome game to get the chance to see in person.

I still wanna try and get my butt out to NYC before the end of next season. There's just too much history in that park to waste the opportunity to be there once before they switch to the new place.

ME BIGGD01
04-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Just got the e-mail Pure. Nice, glad you two had fun. :thumbs:

Die Hard
04-20-2007, 07:47 AM
What I know about Baseball I can write on the back of a stamp!

Great seats though :eek:

Caged Anger
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
glad to hear yea had a good time bud :thumbs:

Casanova
04-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Niceeee pic!!! :D They have started to show American baseball games here this year and I've watched them and liked them. Great sport. :D Beats our baseball 100-0.

Already saw a nice thriller, I don't remember which teams... Can't explain it well cause I don't know the baseball "terms"... :( :P

Btw Pure, Rangers in round 2, I hope you're gonna go watch their games in round 2... Damn I wish I had the chance to do that.. :( LET'S GO RANGERS! I hope they win the Cup. :P

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-20-2007, 09:50 PM
It's about time the highest paid baseball player got out of his slump. I am happy for the kid (Alex).
Congrats on the win and the score on the nice seats.

NastyDawg
04-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm Jealous of you two for getting to go, When I lived in the Tampa Area I went to 4 or 5 N.Y Yankees Spring training games every year....Wow what a finish to the game, A-Rod is see the ball well so far this spring. I hope the Yankee fans are giving him a little break.

Aries
04-21-2007, 10:47 PM
:thumbs:

Dan2
04-22-2007, 04:38 AM
Awesome pic!! Awesome seats!!:thumbs::thumbs:

I hope the Yankees make it to the series so they can get crushed by the METS!!!:jammin: