PDA

View Full Version : How big is your ....

FUS1ON
04-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Get your mind out of the gutter :P

How big is your pain threshold?

I spent all day today in the hospital most of it doubled over in the worst freaking pain of my life thinking I had a apendisitis. I found out today my pain threshold is exactly 4mm wide as in 4mm kidney stone. The pain disappeared as suddenly as it came on and from the cath scan results they tell me the stone is still in the tube between my kidney and bladder and expect the pain to come back.

They gave me this paint strainer to use ahhhh .... well I think you get the picture. :D

Dan2
04-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Ouch!! That doesn't sound like fun. Can't they blast the stones apart with the kidney-stone-blast-apart laser weapon thingy?
Hope it passes quickly and not too painfully.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Sorry to hear that Shogun. Both of my brothers (older & younger) have had kidney stones. I've yet to have one....and do not want to join the kidney stone club.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
04-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Ouch that sucks Shogun! : (

My Grandfather had several of those during his lifetime and he said that it was the worst pain he ever endured. Hoping for your speedy recovery!

FUS1ON
04-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeeouch....that is the worst pain. Think happy thoughts.

Kill someone, kill someone, kill someone .... hey that worked, thanks Term :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Dilaudid will ease the pain.

NastyDawg
04-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Sho, that really sucks for you, Hope it passes quickly and you don't have to go through to much more pain.

Seriously Stoned
04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear about that Sho, I've gotten them a few times too, it hurts like a MOTHER!! Try drinking lots of apple and/or cranberry juice, they say it helps disolve them little bastads. Til then Hang in there dude

Black Rose
04-22-2007, 09:26 AM
awee sho, sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy recovery http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/pftroest.gif
Don´t worry... here is something to smile ;) well it´s ralph´s size ... :rofl: ;-)

Banshee
04-24-2007, 09:01 AM
ouch that has to hurt bad:(
never had problems with my kidneys but I survived three clinical deaths in my life, had broken skull and spinbone, broken jaw, 8 broken teeth, broken right arm in two places, don;t feel anything in my right knee but it works ok I just dont feel anything touching the knee area, my nose and cheek bone were totally smashed ant all that simulteanously (this happened when I had third clinical death)so pain is a part of my everyday life but I got use to it.however
doctors were trying to convince me that I should be dead or at least be blind and will need a wheelchair, but they fixed my face very well and I wasnt giving a sh1t about what they said.And Im doing very well, my limbs are 100% efficient.
but my friend had a little kidney stone and I remember his screams from the toilet when it was coming out:eek:
I hope You're feeling better now Sho and I wish You a very fast recovery:thumbs:

FUS1ON
04-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Wow I had no idea you had been thru so much. That's amazing that you have come back from all that, in fact that's my new nickname for you ... The Comeback Kid :thumbs:

NastyDawg
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Holy crap Banshee, I think Sho hit it on the head with... The Comeback Kid nickname.

OUTLAWS CHICO
04-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Sho looks like a sissy now ,after that.Quit your whining Shogun !!!!!!!!! Just kidding man.

Banshee
04-25-2007, 08:28 AM
:cool:hehe bullseye:)hell yea that was quite an experience and I dont wish anyone to have such experiences.but heey there was no tunnel with light or anything like that, it was very weird, just like being only conciousness, without a body suspended in nowhere...hmmm hard to describe it exactly how it was using words.and for few moments(?maybe, time doesnt count for You at all)I saw myself on the table during the reanimation and it was like really flying around in the room and watching everything from there that was really awesome feeling.then I thought that I can die for good this time and I focused myself only on thinking about surviving this, here was great but I gotta come back, this is not the right time yet, well and I made it once again:wootrock:.

Die Hard
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Amazing story Kuba. Makes you think, especially when you see what happened to FS last night. :(

Banshee
04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
I just saw what happened...that makes me think really...I am very sorry to hear that news...:(

Bingo
04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Damn Banshee. I mean... just.... damn

By the way, Sho - My boss at work has this thing where he's got extremely high calcium levels in his kidneys. It's some sort of hereditary thing. His Dad had it as well but not as bad as my boss does (Partly due to his weight - he's around 400lbs or so).
BUT....
In his worst year, he's passed 14 stones in 1 year. Heh. Think about that one.

B

FUS1ON
04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Poor man!

FUS1ON
07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I finally passed this thing! Thank God, that was 70 days of pure Hell with feeling like you constantly have to go to the bathroom and can't and other unmentionable stuff that I won't bother going into that keep you from "Being able to cut it" as my 'friend' Chico told me recently. ;)

I thought it would be round or smooth, but they have spikes on them, now I understand why they hurt so damn bad .... Hell I feel like a new man now. :D

Goober
07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, I guess that just goes to prove that all things shall "pass".

Hey Shogun..........post a pic of it!!!

PS....glad it's over...that had to suck largely!

Bingo
07-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Woo Hoo! Let's see a pic dammit!

OUTLAWS Spike
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
glad you passed that thing bro :)

yeah post a pic and lay a ruler beside it so we can see how big it is lol

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Congrats on your delivery. :P Sorry it took so long for you to pass that sucker. Glad to hear you're feeling like a new man again!

PuRe AnGeL
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
yay :wave:

OUTLAWS CHICO
07-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh man I bet you are happy that that thing is gone. Just pray you don't have more of them !!!!

OUTLAWS Tip
07-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats!!

I bet that is a big load off your .....

A buddy of mine had the same problem. The doctor asked if he drank much Iced tea. Apparently drinking lots of Iced tea can cause them.

Needless to say but my buddy doesn't drink Iced tea anymore.
:D

BobtheCkroach
07-04-2007, 06:27 PM
After reading thread, I poked around the internet looking into these things, since basically all I knew was that they hurt.

I read somewhere that soft drinks and apple juice are 2 large causes, too.

I drink Dt Pepsi religiously and when I'm not, I try to get apple juice...I better think about changing that! :eek:

Also, it said that the South has more people get the than anywhere else, b/c of the amount of apple juice consumed. If Iced Tea contributes, I can just imagine that between Sweet Iced Tea and Apple Juice, it's a world of hurt!

Glad to hear it's over, Sho! Here's hopin' that you don't get anymore (raises a glass of something other than iced tea, apple juice, or pop!)

NastyDawg
07-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Glad to here the good news Sho!