PDA

View Full Version : MOH: Airborne Dated

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2007, 01:51 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/782/782885p1.html

August 21, for t hose that love the series enough to counter the fact that EA puts it out...it's too bad...this sounds and looks fantastic.

ME BIGGD01
04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Bob, it kills me to be honest. I use to be the biggest EA fan until they started with all of their tactics. It sickens me because if I bought into it I would only be supporting the tactics. I wonder how many people actually feel as I do. It really stinks that because of it I will miss out on what would probably be good games.

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Agreed. This was the first MOH game that I thought looked good since Allied Assault, honestly. I really, really want to play this.

I guess if the game comes out to good reviews, I don't hear anything negative about spyware and in-game ads ,and such...if they actually make a good product, I might consider it.

I think that's really how I have to take EA. I'm not gonna shun the whole thing, b/c, let's be honest, the entire world isn't gonna do it and we're not going to make an impact. Stuff like Madden will keep them on their throne forever.

I think each game has to be taken on its own, evaluated and decided upon.

PJ'l_Master
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
to be honest, from what i've played of BF2142, the in game advertising actually added an incredible amount to the games feel, it made everything that much more realistic

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
to be honest, from what i've played of BF2142, the in game advertising actually added an incredible amount to the games feel, it made everything that much more realistic

That certainly won't be the case in a WW2 shooter...:P

In any case, the advertising doesn't bother me so much. I mean, they were doing that years ago in movies. It's the fact that it's not generic advertising - they're actually running spyware on your system and telling the server what kind of things interest you, etc, so that they can target you. I don't want their spyware crap on my computer.

I just want to play a game.

PJ'l_Master
04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
That certainly won't be the case in a WW2 shooter...:P

In any case, the advertising doesn't bother me so much. I mean, they were doing that years ago in movies. It's the fact that it's not generic advertising - they're actually running spyware on your system and telling the server what kind of things interest you, etc, so that they can target you. I don't want their spyware crap on my computer.

I just want to play a game.

you can simply close EAlink (kinda like steam for valve) and im pretty sure it doesnt run anymore, and i never have EAlink running. i've done a couple spyware scans and not gotten anything turned up from EA, or if there was, i deleted it and havent had any problems yet.

anyways, i saw an ad for future weapons in a map once, and i was really suprised as to how much it added to the whole experience, and its an awesome show too BTW, but its not like pepsi wont be around in a decade or so.

(dont get me wrong, i still hate EA for eating up every small developer they can get their hands on, and then beating their game into a mediocre pulp)

ME BIGGD01
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Agreed. This was the first MOH game that I thought looked good since Allied Assault, honestly. I really, really want to play this.

I guess if the game comes out to good reviews, I don't hear anything negative about spyware and in-game ads ,and such...if they actually make a good product, I might consider it.

I think that's really how I have to take EA. I'm not gonna shun the whole thing, b/c, let's be honest, the entire world isn't gonna do it and we're not going to make an impact. Stuff like Madden will keep them on their throne forever.

I think each game has to be taken on its own, evaluated and decided upon.

Bob, you should know be by now as I am not a follower;) . Regardless of the world not doing something, when I die I can say I stuck to my guns (figure of speech). In the meantime, I can only hope others would stick together. I know many people feel the same way as I do and are taking the same stance. You can just google ea and see people are speaking up and out.

As for real world experience, I just want to play the game. I hate tv because of the insulting commercials that plague most of the time spot.

PJ, check your services and see if there is something running from EA. I saw this with the latest madden and hacked it right out. Be careful of any updater running on your system.

PJ'l_Master
04-26-2007, 03:16 AM
PJ, check your services and see if there is something running from EA. I saw this with the latest madden and hacked it right out. Be careful of any updater running on your system.

nah i just looked and i didnt see anything EA or out of the ordnary in there

BobtheCkroach
04-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Bob, you should know be by now as I am not a follower;) . Regardless of the world not doing something, when I die I can say I stuck to my guns (figure of speech). In the meantime, I can only hope others would stick together. I know many people feel the same way as I do and are taking the same stance. You can just google ea and see people are speaking up and out.

As for real world experience, I just want to play the game. I hate tv because of the insulting commercials that plague most of the time spot.

Oh, I know for sure! I was more stating my own belief/opinion than actually trying to convert anyone else.

ME BIGGD01
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
nah i just looked and i didnt see anything EA or out of the ordnary in there

PJ go to msconfig and look at startup and also look at services there. Let me know if you see something.

Jake
04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
MOH serie should die. There's enough of them already

BobtheCkroach
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
MOH serie should die. There's enough of them already

That was a useful post :rolleyes:

PJ'l_Master
04-27-2007, 07:32 PM
PJ go to msconfig and look at startup and also look at services there. Let me know if you see something.

nope, thing suspicious

Caged Anger
04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I might buy this, might not, but I would have to know first wheter the adds were simply generic ads or specifically targetted ones that will gather information spyware style. I'm ok with the first, not with the latter

PJ'l_Master
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I might buy this, might not, but I would have to know first wheter the adds were simply generic ads or specifically targetted ones that will gather information spyware style. I'm ok with the first, not with the latter

MoH is total crap compared to CoD nowadays, both SP and MP

but thats just my opinion

Jake
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Best MOH is Underground in my opinion. I played it 6-7 years ago on Playstation 1 :P Another kickass WWII game must be RTCW - I know it isn't pretty real but I enjoyed it :)

What about Brothers In Arms ?