PDA

View Full Version : Simply Wondeful

ME BIGGD01
04-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I am sure this has been [posted here somewhere but I recently watched it and just thought it was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

After watching it a few times I have to give this guy tons of credit and respect. Living in NY you see lots of stuff in the streets and many times you just walk and ignore people that are trying to sell you something or what ever. This guys approach and concept was put together I would have to say perfectly along with the video and music. The amazing thing is it was really simple and innocent and I wonder what people were thinking after the hug. I wonder what the thoughts of the people that passed him up on the offer. Do you think they thought about that one person holding a sign offering something that cost nothing. Would there be some sort of regret passing on the offer?

What I found amzing is this man started something bigger then a simple video on utube. I found many otheres so inspired by this clip that they decided to do it themself in many other countries. To say the least I was impressed that something so simple seems difficult for many and what if people could just see it.

Well I doubt you will ever see me holding a sign up but then again it appeared to me that it was everyone else in the video holding up a sign. I would like to thank this guy for the overall message I got regardless if I sound like a pansy.

2x:thumbs: to him

PJ'l_Master
04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
yea, i saw this and had a pretty similar reaction

Bingo
04-24-2007, 11:05 PM
You know, I saw this once before and it hit me at that time to. I should have posted it back then, and I'm a tool for not doing so.

We forget constantly... the sheer joy at nothing more complicated than touch. A hug. That's it. It's so stupidly simple, yet so amazingly powerful.

I love the fact that they included those funny ones... the two people rocking back and forth... the skateboarding guy... the running tackle-hugs.

We get so wrapped up in our own crap - which admittedly is overwhelming sometimes... but we forget to see how wonderful something so ordinary is.

It may strike me a bit more seeing as my entire career is spent dealing with sick, dying and disabled people... I dunno. But it does strike me.

Bingo

(Villains) Fragjunky
04-25-2007, 08:49 AM
the problem is nowadays that most ppl want to steal your belongings rather than give a random guy a hug and its all wrong. theres too much other stuff going on in the world which seems to be centred on self-benefit rather than sharing some love.

"It may strike me a bit more seeing as my entire career is spent dealing with sick, dying and disabled people... I dunno. But it does strike me."

BIG respect to you bingo.its so refreshing to see ppl who are doing things that are really worthwile. thx lee

Die Hard
04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
You sound like a pansy :P

Goober
04-26-2007, 12:24 AM
You sound like a pansy :P

He will so pound you for that.

Die Hard
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I know :D

ME BIGGD01
04-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey now, I am not a fighter, I am a lover:thumbs:

Die Hard
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I'd rather you pounded me :eek:

ME BIGGD01
04-26-2007, 10:22 AM
:bawling:

BobtheCkroach
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd rather you pounded me :eek:

Define "pounded"...:rofl:

EricC
04-26-2007, 03:47 PM
woah now can i get in on some of the pounding too?

Bingo
04-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Look, do I need to set you gentlemen up with a private section or something?

BobtheCkroach
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Look, do I need to set you gentlemen up with a private section or something?

:P

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Goober
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Sick bunch of puppy's I tell ya .....sick.

I can hear DH now.....not tonight Bigg....I have a "pounding" headache!

Suicidal
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
i think this topic came in at perfect timing

Die Hard
04-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Sick bunch of puppy's I tell ya .....sick.

I can hear DH now.....not tonight Bigg....I have a "pounding" headache!It's easy to confuse a headache with other er things....

Goober
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
It's easy to confuse a headache with other er things....
:eek: ..........things?

PuRe AnGeL
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
me wann his job! ='[

share tha wubb :wub: