PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question

BobtheCkroach
04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a bluetooth wireless mouse.

The other day I had something that was quiet, so I turned the volume way up.

I started noticing that everytime I move the mouse, click the mouse, scroll the scrollwheel...I get feedback on the speakers

Is this common - a known issue with bluetooth or something?

It's not my speakers, or specific to my atmosphere, as I'm using different speakers 5 miles away from the first time I noticed it.

At first I thought it was the monitor, as I noticed it soon after i got that, but i have a different monitor now and I still notice.

Luckily, i can't hear it unless the speakers are turned up, but I was just curious if anyone knows anything about this?

Wiper
04-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Noticed it also before...

My bet:

Blue-tooth is a radio signal on a fixed frequency/protocol. So a signal from your mouse (moving/scrolling) will go through all stuff in a certain range (different from infrared which needs a direct line). This messes up your speakers some how (not that bad because the signal ain't very powerful).

I think the effect is the same as with a cellphone close to your pc receiving a message/call.... only this you'll notice for sure (flickering monitor and strange sounds) cuz the signal is much more powerful since it has to travel a few miles instead of 2 meters.

Death Engineer
04-25-2007, 04:52 AM
RF signals getting into your speakers is a pretty common issue. Especially when working with higher power RF (oh, like say in Software Defined Tranceivers -- shameless plug -- www.flex-radio.com). A few toroids on the power and audio lines usually clears it up in strong RF fields. Basically the long wires act like antennas picking up stray RF which gets coupled into the speaker.

BobtheCkroach
04-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Long as it's normal, I'm not all that concerned. Like I said, I don't notice it unless I crank the volume way up.

Thanks for the responses, guys! :thumbs:

Die Hard
04-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Sounds like you need a bluetooth cat. Sorry couldn't resist :D

BobtheCkroach
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
:funny:

:rofl: