PDA

View Full Version : RIP brother !

Nick
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
I regret to inform you that my brother Mark (Freestyler), after a relapse of mental illness, took his own life last night ..

he was only 25 years old and will be sorely missed ...

Jake
04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm Sorry ...

It Sucks :(

Die Hard
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
That is terrible news Nick, I'm so sorry.

My deepest sympathies are with you and your family.

Bingo
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow.

I am very, very sorry to hear about that mate.

You, your brother and your family will all be in my thoughts.

Bingo / Matt

NightBreed
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Nick..Sad news indeed..

Rest in peace, Mark

BobtheCkroach
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
So sorry to hear that! I didn't get to know FS very well, but everytime I had the pleasure of talking to him, he was a great guy!

My thoughts and prayers will be on you and your family.

Xeno
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM
damn, I'm sorry Nick, really sad news :(
I get shocked (and I'm still) hearing that man. R.I.P. Mark, Freestyler

BlackWolf
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Im so sorry to hear that he was a great guy

i miss u both from the old SS days and saints
and with such a young age :( :( :( :(

really sorry Nick hope u and ur family are ok at such a hard time

FUS1ON
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm truly saddened to hear this and wish I taken the time to get to know him better. I know he was highly thought of around here and had many friends here are GM and will be missed. My sympathy and condolences to you and your family Nick.

Asian Invasian
04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear this man, if you need anything let me know, i have had a similar experience in the past. He will be missed greatly, and I give you my deepest sympathy, to a great guy.

OUTLAWS CHICO
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm truly saddened to hear this and wish I taken the time to get to know him better. I know he was highly thought of around here and had many friends here are GM and will be missed. My sympathy and condolences to you and your family Nick.

Shogun said it best man ,My prayers are with you and your family!!!!!!!!!

EXEcution
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Wow this is very sad news indeed. FS was a great person, always kept his cool in the games and was a very creative individual. Best wishes to you, your family, and him.

Fifth
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Very sad news indeed. :( Omg this is just a shock. :( Can't belive it...

All the best for you and for your family, Nick. FS was a great person.

R.I.P

JIMINATOR
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
sorry for your loss Nick, I will always remember FS as one of the greatest Sam players ever. Sorry to see that he was not able to cope with life as well. My prayers go out to your family.

Duke Nukem
04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm Sorry :(

ME BIGGD01
04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I really don't know what to say about this as I was a bit taken back to the news. I am sad about this whole thing. A young guy with promise and talent is now gone. I am sorry to the family and friends. As shocking as the news is to us on the internet, I am sure the pains and sorrow go further to those that were close to this young man. This is a tragedy and a loss to many and I wish there was something we could of done to help show how great life really is regardless of our surroundings at times.

I will pray for your family.

The Priest
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
sorry to hear this bad news. our thoughts are with you and your family hope you get through this hard time. i have removed my banner in respect

Wiper
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Never knew him but still very sad news :(

indeed the best wishes to the family.

Ibrahim
04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Very sad :( Sorry to hear this :(

I wish you & your family all the BEST......

R.I.P. :( :(

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your brother. I'm wishing you comfort and peace during your time of sorrow. My prayers are with you and your family.

Black Rose
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I am very sorry to hear this Nick. My condolences on your family's loss.

OUTLAWS Spike
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

NastyDawg
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
So very sorry to hear that Nick

My deepest sympathies are with you and your family

Sirc
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Holy shit. I completely expected this to be a funny post when I read it, and I had to read it three times for it to sink in. :(

I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry Nick for your and your family's loss. FreeStyler was a true icon in SS and this community. Even though I didn't know him personally we had a few years of good times together on the servers and the forums.

He will be missed. :(

Sepra
04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Wow Nick, I'm sorry to hear such terrible news...... :( You and your family are in my thoughts. :(

Goober
04-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Dang man. Nothing I can say will make up for your loss, but I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Truly sad news....our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Aries
04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
It's a shock to hear this sad news. I want to express my condolences to you and your family and wish you all lots of strength in this period of mourning and sorrow.

Dangerous Dan
04-26-2007, 07:35 AM
This is devisating, I really don't know what to say. When Mark entered games it always put a smile on my face, we'd have great conversations, and always have the best matches. I remember him talking about his music, he loved his music (one of the reasons he gave for moving on from SS), and based on the creativity he brought to SS, I can only imagine how wonderful his compositions must have been... He was such a respectful and generous guy, he even gave me his hard earned SS2 beta spot (and although the beta never happened, it was a wonderful gift that put my name in the SS2 manual, there was no way I could have ever repaid him). I'm so sorry Nick, for you and your family's loss. He will be missed by all who knew him...

edit: I just re-read his PM giving me the beta, brings a tear to my eye...

KingSlay Alakazham
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
im sorry :(

Pure_Evil
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
So sorry Nick. I only ran across him a few times in game, but always enjoyed him.

UncleSam
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Truly sad to hear, sorry Nick

Siron Ex
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Very sad news indeed :(. I only met him a few times, he was a great guy

Nick
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
thank you all for your kind words..

this is extremely hard for our family...

he was indeed a kind and generous guy but as I said, he had been sick for the past 3 weeks and was a completly different person... he would never of done this normaly .. he was beign helped but managed to escape attention for just a few minutes and....

Death Engineer
04-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I am stunned. Speechless. While I only knew FS from SS and these forums, this is like losing a friend for me. Nick, I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.

OUTLAWS Tip
04-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Very sorry to hear that Nick.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Deadly
04-26-2007, 05:06 PM
oh sry the best for you and your familie

Silverfox
04-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I am truly sorry for the loss of your brother. I played him a few times in Sam,
always great games. My thoughts and prayers go with you and your Family.

Devil
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Nick

Rest in peace,Mark -- Freestyler

Ruhe in Frieden Mark -- Freestyler

Speedsweeper
04-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Very sorry to hear the bad news.

My sympathies go to you and your family at this time.

Cyborg
04-26-2007, 08:41 PM
cant belive i missed this:( man so sorry to hear that. he was a great guy and will be missed RIP man:(

Casanova
04-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Very sad news. I am very sorry. :(

Suicidal
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
It's very hard and saddening to lose a clanmate that I hadn't gotten to know very well, so I cannot nearly imagine how you and your family must feel right now. It is a shock to me and he will be missed greatly indeed. I hope it's atleast a small constellation that you have all of us on the GM forum to support you. I wish you the best of luck for the future. I will keep him in my thoughts.

Dan2
04-26-2007, 11:48 PM
So sorry to hear that, Nick. My condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.:(

LaSH
04-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Yo Nick,I am very sorry to hear about such sad news.You and your family will diffently be in my thoughts and my prayers.FS was a great person from what i knew about him.Even though we had our run-ins,we always seemed to laugh about it in the end.He was diffently the better man in the end for overlooking me.I am just glad we never had another falling out like we did several times after that.And it was during this time we were getting along that i truly found out how great of a person he was.He will be missed.

GOD BLESS

04-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Very sad news. FS was truly a legend of SS and even though I never knew him personally, I always enjoyed gaming with him and following his posts on GM.

My condolences to you, Nick, and your family. :(

Net Surfer
04-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Rest in peace,Mark ..... Freestyler :( :(

Net Surfer

Banshee
04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
sorrowful news...rest in peace Mark...condolences for You Nick and Your family hold on at this difficult time:(

FUS1ON
04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
If anyone knows what town and provence his family lives in, please PM me asap. We are trying to find out the details for the funeral so we can send flowers and time is running out.

Digital Fighter
04-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm so sorry nick :(

Nick
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
the service is next tuesday at 18:00 and a eulogies at 20:00

La Seigneurie cooperative funeraire
2450 avenue St-Clement
Beauport Quebec
Canada
G1E 1E8

again, thank you all for your support, I showed our father this thread and he will incorporate sections in his spoken eulogie... we are gratefull that he touched the lives of so many in this community

thank-you all

Nicolas

Ra\/en
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you

MORGANA
04-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Very sorry to hear that:bawling: My thoughts and prayers to you and your family
Rest in peace....Mark

He Is Legend
04-27-2007, 10:52 PM
oh my god . i am so sorry nick . this is devistating to me , he would always 1v1 me for fun and we would just have fun and laugh . he was such a nice guy to me and taught me a lot of stuff .

damn im really gonne miss him. im deeply hurt . hope your staying strong nick , if you need anything let me know

He Is Legend
04-28-2007, 04:23 PM
if anyone has any SSTS demos of him playing I want them

cause I have like a short one of him playing and it just sucks to know hes gone :(

MANSON
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
That is so sad Nick!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fragetti
04-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry to here this news Nick

My deepest condolences. I can relate to the mental illness thing it's never good. Am sorry he didn’t get the help he needed soon enough.

Xeno
05-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I was was presenting to myself how it'll be without my brother last night, no life, so for all of you, who love/like/won't forget Mark, you can use it on your signature if you want:

"† 1982 - 2007 R.I.P. Mark a.k.a. Freestyler †"

and again: I'm really sorry to hear that Nick, still can't believe it :(

Die Hard
05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Best damn player i ever m3t! {He'd appreciate teh lingo :)}

SASQUATCH
05-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I have no words to say I am deeply shocked and so depress by this news. I spoken to him a few times on the phone but it was a while ago. I will miss him so much and I am so terribly hurt by this news. Nick I only wish you and the family would not have to be going through this sadness and it breaks my heart to hear such news.
He will not be forgotten.
I think we should have a small picture at the beginning of the page of GM of him and leave it. I feel he deserves to be honored and remembered.
Sas

RIP my friend and in spirit.

I just got on now and it's too late for me to send anything out there but believe me I really did like him very much and had many conversations with him even about hard times.
King of SS2 I feel he was the best players and go figure that it was I who trained him and then he became the teacher to me when he started with DOA.

Xeno
05-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I have no words to say I am deeply shocked and so depress by this news. I spoken to him a few times on the phone but it was a while ago. I will miss him so much and I am so terribly hurt by this news. Nick I only wish you and the family would not have to be going through this sadness and it breaks my heart to hear such news.
He will not be forgotten.
I think we should have a small picture at the beginning of the page of GM of him and leave it. I feel he deserves to be honored and remembered.
Sas

RIP my friend and in spirit.

good idea:o
when somone else want the tag I made for the sig, here it is :

SASQUATCH
05-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Ty Xeno but it so happens that I am not able to edit my information because the Admin put restriction. I like to put this sig on for good and leave it until this GM no longer exist.

I have it on my system and again ty Xeno I will use it if I get the chance to add it as my sig.

FUS1ON
05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Ty Xeno but it so happens that I am not able to edit my information because the Admin put restriction.

You must have done it wrong, I just added it to yours and had no problem.

SASQUATCH
05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
ty Sho for fixing it and implementing it.

Nick
05-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Thank-you Shogun and Gamemecca for the lovely flowers...

they were the white ones at the right of the urn..

Die Hard
05-06-2007, 01:58 PM
It was our pleasure Nick. The flowers look great and thanks for sharing the photos with us.

We will all remember Mark.

FUS1ON
05-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I really don't deserve to take credit for that because someone beat me to the idea and it was really a collective effort by several people here. I'd like to say thanks each of them and they know who they are so Thanks! I just got the ball rolling by volunteering Bingo to handle the affairs.

Xeno
05-06-2007, 03:13 PM
its kinda sadly :(
its kinda great what you and your family have done :thumbs:
thx for sharing the photos nick

SASQUATCH
05-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I really don't deserve to take credit for that because someone beat me to the idea and it was really a collective effort by several people here. I'd like to say thanks each of them and they know who they are so Thanks! I just got the ball rolling by volunteering Bingo to handle the affairs.

Well done.

I ask for a favor from you sho being that you are the Admin.

I like very much to add his picture of him smiling at the Serious Sam section
like a sticky post and have this who section put on and always keep it there at the top to remember him.

I would appreciate very much if you can.

Please everyone lets get the Admin to do this for I feel it would be the right thing to do for FS-Mark.

Die Hard
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. We should all remember Free Styler :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
In memory of Mark, that sounds like a really good idea.

FUS1ON
05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
At some of the racing forums I go to they have a Memorial forum section, we could do that.

EDIT:
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310

Die Hard
05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Yep, thats a good idea Sho. We should also remeber Fantum Witch, she passed away a few years ago.

SASQUATCH
05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
That is a wonderful idea Sho.

Yes to remember Fantum Witch and everyone who's been at GM.

May they all RIP and go in spirit.

SAS - God bless you all GM. . .

Xeno
05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
so who is gonna do that thread? sas? what about you?
take the photos which Nick posted and add some kind memorial words . . .
I'm gonna post the tag

any ideas what to add also there?

SASQUATCH
05-09-2007, 06:00 AM
I spoke to Nick and he will be sending me more picture.

Once I get them I will begin and we can all write something.

By tomorrow which should be Thursday I will start it.

I will speak to some of you so that maybe we can write something special or
maybe have everyone write something of there own who maybe interested.

Ty all

Bingo
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks for posting the pics and you are very welcome. I was actually going to PM you in a few days and ask if everything got there and with the note and such. It was my first time sending anything international, and the company didn't really send a specific reciept, just an invoice-type copy.

B

SASQUATCH
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I am waiting on Nick still and I am going to ask a favor from Pathos who I can't think of anyone better to help me write something beautiful to remember.

Ty all

SASQUATCH
05-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Yep, thats a good idea Sho. We should also remeber Fantum Witch, she passed away a few years ago.

Die Hard if you can setup something for Fantum Witch you can gather a few people that knew Fantum Witch. Ty Die hard.

SAS

mod
05-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Nick I wish you and your family the best
fs will always be remebered in my heart

as
always

mod*

DAN_I_AM
05-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Nick, my prayers and thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time. It goes without saying, he will be missed from a very wide range of people, including me.

SALvation
05-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Sorry I missed this. FS was a great Sam player and one of the forum's longtime members. You have my condolences and let us know if there is anything we can do.

merkwannabe
08-16-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm pissed.

.......sigh......... I can't believe this.....

Nick, sorry for your loss.