PDA

View Full Version : This is just too freaky

FUS1ON
05-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I've been battling this sore tooth for like a year and a half with antibiotics and pain killers, but everyday is a bitch having to deal with the pain and not being able to chew on that side most of the time, etc ... so I FINALLY decided to get the recommended root canal today.

The tooth has a expensive porcelain crown on it and i've been told that more than likely it will crack in the process is why I put it off so anyways I'm sitting in the dentist office waiting for the numbing stuff they shot me with to take effect when for some damn reason this song pops into my head. It was Hot Chocolate's "I Believe in Miracles" (If you don't know the lyrics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-p8bOoFlPo) and yeah I know it's about sex or whatever.

Anyways moving on ... I heard the word Miracles and well I figured what the heck, a prayer that the crown wouldn't crack couldn't hurt and I swear that right in the middle of the prayer, of all the songs in the world that have been written since the beginning of time Hot Chocolate's "I Believe in Miracles" started playing over the dentist office's radio.

Now that flat tripped me the heck out, but I took it as a sign that things would be OK and they were, the crown did not crack. ;)

NastyDawg
05-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes that's weird Sho, and glad all worked out OK for you.

Sirc
05-03-2007, 11:16 PM
You must now start "The Cult of the Expensive Porcelain Crown". You are the chosen one, and I will follow. As long as there's lots of hot loose chicks involved. Sorry, that's sort of a deal breaker for me.

Bingo
05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Dude, that's a trip man. You'd damn well better say your prayers tonight or do something nice for someone or some damn thing. Heh!

B

Bingo
05-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh, random side note -

For tooth pain, I swear there's almost nothing better than Arthritis Formula Tylenol. I had a bad tooth for a while and it was like 3 weeks before I could get into a dentist. That stuff was the only thing that kept me sane man.

Die Hard
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
You waited a year and a half?

I bet the dentist put that song on when he saw you in the waiting room :)Oh yeah, aint that the truth :rofl: :rofl:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
05-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Glad to hear everything turned out OK, and thanks for sharing your story Shogun.

BobtheCkroach
05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Very cool! Glad it turned out OK for you!