PDA

View Full Version : Windows Theme.

Virus
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, does anyone know how can i get back the original Windows XP theme, where the start button is normal? :( I used this program called "UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0" it allows you to put cool themes to your PC, but it only ****ed up the start button. :( It says that it replaces the C:/Windows/UXTheme.dll - file, but when i replace it again with the original, nothing happens. :( There is a option when using this tool that "Disable" themes, but still can't get the normal XP start button there. :(
Hopefully someone can help me.

The Priest
05-27-2007, 09:31 PM
huggy will know

Joakim
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Okay, does anyone know how can i get back the original Windows XP theme, where the start button is normal? :( I used this program called "UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0" it allows you to put cool themes to your PC, but it only ****ed up the start button. :( It says that it replaces the C:/Windows/UXTheme.dll - file, but when i replace it again with the original, nothing happens. :( There is a option when using this tool that "Disable" themes, but still can't get the normal XP start button there. :(
Hopefully someone can help me.

I had that problem too, I just did a repair of XP, then it worked :)

Xeno
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM
must be a north thing ! :P

Joakim
05-28-2007, 04:01 PM
must be a north thing ! :P

:rofl:

AmcoTraD
05-28-2007, 04:06 PM
ask me on msn ;)

Caged Anger
05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
dude, to get the normal XP theme back with the right buttons, upon up the desktop properties, hit the appearence tab and where there is a dropdown box for windows and buttons there should be a windows XP option.

If that fails, try a system restore to right before you installed the program.

Virus
05-28-2007, 07:51 PM
dude, to get the normal XP theme back with the right buttons, upon up the desktop properties, hit the appearence tab and where there is a dropdown box for windows and buttons there should be a windows XP option.

If that fails, try a system restore to right before you installed the program.

Damn my english is so noob. I understand only about 25% what you are telling me. :cool:

AmcoTraD
05-28-2007, 07:58 PM
simple: try to reset the system to the day, where u know ur system was workin
important: all files u created r gone between these days
so save em ;)

Caged Anger
05-28-2007, 11:44 PM
not true, files stay, programs disappear

FUS1ON
05-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Damn my english is so noob. I understand only about 25% what you are telling me. :cool:

On a blank spot on your desktop, right click and go to Properties, when the menu pops up select the Appearance tab. In the Windows and Buttons box select "Windows XP Style".

Virus
05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
On a blank spot on your desktop, right click and go to Properties, when the menu pops up select the Appearance tab. In the Windows and Buttons box select "Windows XP Style".

Oooh..
@ Caged Anger: I'm not that noob that i would not try there first :P

But thanks anyway. :D

Siron Ex
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Lol but I'd say the way Shogun suggested is more "noob" than Cageds way :P

Virus
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Lol but I'd say the way Shogun suggested is more "noob" than Cageds way :P

And i would say my english doesn't understand Caged's text. :o