PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit and family found dead

FUS1ON
06-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead along with his family this afternoon in his Atlanta home, according to published reports.
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution is reporting authorities confirmed that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville.

Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

The Montreal-born Benoit, who moved to Edmonton when he was 12 years old, lived in Sherwood Park as recently as May 2000.

World Wrestling Entertainment issued a release over Benoit's death.

"World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home," the statement reads.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

WWE spokeswoman Cheryl Kong in Toronto said Monday night’s “Raw” TV program would serve as a tribute to Benoit and his family.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

Benoit was scheduled to wrestle at the Vengeance pay-per-view Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called “personal reasons.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/25/4289665.html

I don't care if you are a wrestling fan or not, that is jacked up .... RIP Benoit family.

BobtheCkroach
06-26-2007, 01:10 AM
That's too bad. In the time I watched WWE, I was never a benoit fan, but that's just terrible.

RIP Benoit Family.

Pure_Evil
06-26-2007, 05:04 AM
7 year old child, wtf!!!:down:

I used to enjoy his wrestling as well, what a jerk! :down:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight and Intercontinental champion. He also held several tag-team titles during his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

The native of Canada maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend," Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. "Chris was always first-class — warm, friendly, caring and professional one of the best in our business."

AmcoTraD
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
omg :eek:
RIP

FUS1ON
06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
It's not proven as of now who did the killing, but if it was him, the years of what he did in the ring will be erased by the last few minutes of his life. You hear of domestic disputes and adults killing each other and as bizarre as that is, it can't touch the killing on his 7 year old child ..... that is sick

Virus
06-26-2007, 02:35 PM
That's too bad. In the time I watched WWE, I was never a benoit fan, but that's just terrible.

RIP Benoit Family.

Could not agree more. :( And a 7 year old kid. :confused: :(

R.I.P.

rancid monkey
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I've been following this story quite closely due to the fact that im a WWE fan. Here is an update on the story:

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today. This story is making its way out through the AP news wire and FOX News.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, according to an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

This is really out of character for Benoit because, in a sport known for bravado and bullying, Benoit was very much beloved and respected by his peers. He was passionate about his profession and served as a mentor to many younger, up-and-coming performers. As an indication of how much the fans enjoyed him, when the crowd in Houston's Toyota Center learned Sunday night that he wouldn't be there, they chanted, "We want Benoit!"

MetEoR
06-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Damn, and again damn... he was my favourite wrestler...

May you always win
May you always be on our hearts
May you rest in peace

We loved you Chris.

This is a sad day for we all fans.

Fra6160

PyronoX
06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
WTF ?!

Rest In Peace .

BobtheCkroach
06-27-2007, 03:54 AM