PDA

View Full Version : Transformers

SoulReaver
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyone else seen it? I loved it; it was funny, action-packed, and very entertaining. The only part I could really scrutinize was the beginning, which was corny.

BobtheCkroach
07-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Can't say that I have. Hearing a good review is encouraging, but for me this movie is 100% a rental.

I didn't think it looked that good to begin with, and while I played with the toys, I never watched transformers, so there's no nostalgia factor for me.

The only thing that would get me to go is if I went with buddies, but since all my friends live about 2 hours away and I don't plan to be going there for over a month...probably not going to happen.

Good to hear that it's good, though! :thumbs:

That moves it up to "definitely a rental" instead of "perhaps a rental" :)

AmcoTraD
07-04-2007, 04:09 PM
i'll download it later ;)

BobtheCkroach
07-04-2007, 04:12 PM
i'll download it later ;)

You'll also get suspended for saying that ;)

AmcoTraD
07-04-2007, 04:13 PM
You'll also get suspended for saying that ;)

calm down it was a joke ^^

SoulReaver
07-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah I'd definitely see it in theaters with your friends, makes the experience that much better than just renting it.

PuRe AnGeL
07-05-2007, 04:32 PM
:down: No thankyou. Rancid adores it apparently. You'd never catch me watching it. Nu-uh, no way.

Aries
07-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I went to an early screening and enjoyed it!
There was a lot of humour mixed throughout the story: situational humour, puns, references to Transformers history.
If you are a fan of the old series you do have to be able to accept the modern adaptations of the characters such as the fact that Bumblebee doesn't transform into a bug anymore but into a yellow camaro...
The modern designs for the Transformers aren't bad at all.
The modern special effects (to make the robots battle) are a bit disappointing to me because just as in Spiderman3 the special effects during battle scenes move so fast that you can hardly distinguish what is going on except for a lot of mayham.
Nice intertextual moviewinks to gone in 60 seconds (bumblebee to the rescue at the river bank) and the highway chase reminded me of the Matrix series.
The girl in the movie is definitely hot and I love the scenes where bumblebee plays matchmaker through the radio!

and a final funny quote:
This must be japanese! ^___^ sugoi desne?

PJ'l_Master
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
the movie was freaking amazing! lots of laughs, although a bit corny at times which is my only complaint about the movie. well...that plus it made my feel as though my car was indescribably inadequate after leaving the theater.

Dangerous Dan
07-08-2007, 07:24 AM
saw this movie yesterday, it's probably the very best it could have been :)

Xeno
07-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I think that movie will be f'ing awesome! ouh yeahr baby!

rancid monkey
07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
This movie shall be awesome. I played with transformers all the time when I was a kid! Bring on teh memorys!

:down: No thankyou. Rancid adores it apparently. You'd never catch me watching it. Nu-uh, no way.

Die! :P

Aries
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM

We cannot persuade you by saying that there is a 'my little pony' featured too? *grins*

MORGANA
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Was not bad, not bad!:thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
07-17-2007, 03:40 AM
seen it 4 times now, each crowd has loved different parts so far, and i've enjoyed it each time i've seen it myself

LuK3
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
:cool: Crap Film but the looks of it, some kiddie shit - I wont watch it

PyronoX
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM

Yeah :cool: Cool guys like you dont watch crap like that , aight ?

PJ'l_Master
07-18-2007, 03:12 AM

thats what i said too, WRONG!

Zeb89
07-18-2007, 07:13 AM
Watched it today. Special effects very good but gets tedious...and the quality of the video I "got" was low too...

Asian Invasian
07-18-2007, 07:29 AM
all i know is that the girl in the movie.. FTMFW

petter
07-21-2007, 08:25 AM
was a lot of fun. great action.

DiTomasso
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
great movie, fast action, comic lines, nice girl!!!, awesome special fx.

certainly not a rental or you must have huge cinema like screen :)

Xeno
09-01-2007, 07:26 PM
awesome! AWESOME! AWEEESOMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :woohoo:

Death Engineer
07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
I finally just saw this for the first time a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. I wasn't too big into transformers when I was little, but I did play with them at friends houses and i definitely remember the semi (Optimus Prime).

The movie did seem to get a bit long and stretched out toward the end. Especially when you could predict what was going to happen from the first time they showed the big baddie.

The scene where he's looking through his room for the glasses and his parents knock on the door is classic. Both the interaction with the parents/girl and the bots. For that scene alone, it was worth it.

I definitely enjoyed this as quite a bit better than your run of the mill action flick. I give it a 4.0 of 5.0 on the DE meter.