PDA

View Full Version : Wii ?s

Death Engineer
08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
So I just got a Wii a week ago and I'm a bit behind. So let's talk about it.

What games do you guys like?

Have you played Wii Sports to death? Are you a pro in one or more sports? I got to pro in bowling in 11 games on the first night. The rest are kicking my butt.

Have you done any of the Mii Parade stuff where you share Mii's with other people?

Do your Mii's look like you? I'll have to take a profile pic and send mine as my wife swears the Mii she made for me is an exact replica.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Joakim
08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Games, Zelda, Excite Truck, Wii Play, Mario Party 8.
In the future: Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and some more which I cant remember. :P

I havent played Wii Sports to death, but Pro in 4 games I think.

Mii Parade, well, It dont work for me, so I just leave it :P
I did try to make my Mii look like me, and it turned out pretty well :D

Have you got Everybody Votes Channel and Internet Channel? Those are 2 of the most used channels by me.

BobtheCkroach
08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Most of the games Joakim listed are fantastic.

I liked WarioWare...it'll get old, but it's fun.

The thing to remember about the Wii is that it's all about group, and originality. There are some games that seem like they'd be positively stupid but they're just a blast - I personally LOVE cookin' mama! :D

Personally, I spend more time in the virtual console than anything. I'm sure over time there are going to be countless good titles, but right now I'm still having fun re-living my childhood! ^_^

Excite Truck is probably my favorite game. Wii Play isn't the best, but since you get it for like 10 more than the cost of a remote, and it has a remote in it, you're basically paying $10 for the games, and that's worth it.

I've also enjoyed Super Paper Mario quite a bit, and I demoed Big Brain Academy in stores and found it quite enjoyable, too.

The only game that hasn't wowed me so far is the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

I've heard a lot of good things about elebits for originality, too, but haven't played it, myself.

Death Engineer
08-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Why wouldy ou use the internet channel?? Why would you pay $5 for a handicapped browser? :shrug: I guess walking to the computer is too much exercise. ;)

I can't really see myself playing the older titles for $5 a pop either when I can just *cough* acquire *cough* them by other means. I even have a PC game controller that works for NES through the SNES days.

I haven't tried Super Paper Mario yet, but it looks good. I've got my camera in hand and will take a photo of my mii and get my wife to take one of me. we'll see what you guys think. ;)

BobtheCkroach
08-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Prior to June 30, the browser was free, though it would still be handicapped :P

I like playing the classic games sitting on the couch, in front of a tv much more than sitting playing @ the computer.

Death Engineer
08-07-2007, 05:49 AM
As promised, here's me and my mii. Not a great photo, but since I'm normally the one taking the pictures, the pickin's was slim.

BobtheCkroach
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Nice job, that's pretty good! I couldn't get one to look like me at all. My brother got an exact match, between his goatee and the "smirk" expression being dead on how my brother always smirks.

Joakim
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Why would you pay $5 for a handicapped browser?

HAHA, here its free :D No payment at all for me at least :D
But then as a revenge from Nintendo, Europe doesnt have Super Paper Mario (yet) :P

MetEoR
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
As promised, here's me and my mii. Not a great photo, but since I'm normally the one taking the pictures, the pickin's was slim.

Lol you look like the ex-wrestler Big Show :D :P :P ;)

Gun Element
08-27-2007, 12:48 AM
I sold my wii and regret it :)

ME BIGGD01
08-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I sold my wii and regret it :)

Only a crack head would sell their WII. What's wrong with you?:)

You know I went to Tennesee a week ago and forgot to bring mine which pissed me off. So we went to the store because I wanted to get one for the trip and could not find one in stock. I wanted to own Goober and his daughters at bowling.

ME BIGGD01
08-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Death it's the best thing to come to the living room since atari 2600.

I can't wait to they have the game with the light saber. I am going to own Skywalker:thumbs:

Death Engineer
08-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Hah. I'd like to see some video of that (Bigg doing light saber). I have thoroughly enjoyed the Wii so far and my wife would say the same. I've bought played the heck out of Wii Sports and Wii Play. I am getting itchy to play something with a bit more on the graphics front. A friend told me a good place to go for reviews was metacritic.com. So I've been reading up on games there for both single player and groups.

Silverfox
08-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Resident Evil is Awesome, if you like that sort of game..:thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Death, what I like about this game the most is everyone can participate. From your grandparents to the babies.

I can't tell you how many times I used the wii sports (boxing) to exhaust my daughter. It works well to get the rest of that energy out of here before the books are read and she knocks oout.

One of the best investments for the home.

Death Engineer
08-29-2007, 12:32 AM
My kiddos just aren't quite old enough (3 and 20 months) to really have the coordination needed yet. Luke (the older) tries, but he ends up getting distracted. I'm sure they'll catch on as they get older though.

Dangerous Dan
09-12-2007, 02:21 AM
DE, Metroid Prime 3 is a great investment if you're looking for a meaty/epic story with the best graphics (at the moment) the Wii can offer. I absolutely hated the first Metroid Prime on the Gamecube and thus skipped it altogther. But the third installment saw me beating it to 100% is was so enjoyable.

Wiper
09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Waiting for the first Smash brothers to appear... Crazy game and extremely fun to play with friends (at least the previous versions were). Metroid is on my list also, but will not be in Europe before the end of november :)

Btw, you need to download an emulator to play cubegames? or only the gamepads?

TheUltimateWarrior
10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
I cant believe everybody is so exited about the wii.. i bought it the first day it came out.. after 3 days i was sick of wii sports.. played it all alot.. and it got boring..
So i bought Zelda.. that was a fun game and i put lot of hours in it..
now i download mario form the SNES and mario kart 64.. which are still great games.. but i only play on my wii when friends come over.. then we try mario kart nd some wii sport.. and its fun for about an hour..
then we go back on Pro evolution soccer, gears of war and halo 3..

the wii is fun sometimes.. but most of the time its collection dust at my place... i kind of regret buying it..

I;ll wait for mario galaxy to come out and change my mind about the wii