PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding a video clip to dvd format

j5tar
08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know a program where you can convert video clips to DVD so I can watch it on my DVD player? For example, I have some anime I downloaded but I want to watch it on DVD. I tried google but I end up finding something different.
Also, how many minutes of video can a single layer DVD hold? Thanks.

Caged Anger
08-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I am sad to report that i can convert any video to anything but the dvd format for free. I have mydvd for that

The ammount you can hold on the dvd depends on the quality and size of the video.

I haven't looked in a while, lemme see what i can dig up

*Update
This guide should help
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172

Bingo
08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Depending on size, you could also make an SVCD out of it and play it in your DVD player that way.

Many DVD players can also natively play mpegs and avi files.

Specifically, you are looking for DVD Authoriing software. That may help your search some to use that term.

I've used Intervideo WinDVD a couple of times and it worked alright. It came pre-loaded on my PC.

j5tar
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
How many minutes can a DVD, SVCD or VCD hold? I looked at Nero and it can make SVCD and VCD but not for DVD. How many minutes difference is it between DVD and the others? Cause I have like 19 episodes of the video but I don't want burn around 10 CDs for it. Is there a way of compressing a lot of episodes into 1 DVD? Please tell me a program, I am willing to spend money for it. Thanks for the help so far.

j5tar
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Darn, mines only Nero 6. How many minutes can a single layer DVD hold?

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Cucusoft make a good program for covnerting mpg/avi and other video types into VOB files (for burning onto a DVD).

Your question about how many minutes can a DVD hold has already been answered. It's determined by the type and quality of video you are converting. So, uh, no one will know that answer but you. :)

OK, OK, I'll go out on a limb and say that a DVD will hold 1.75 hours. :D

j5tar
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks a lot for all the help :D

j5tar
08-18-2007, 09:22 PM
I downloaded the trial for Nero 7 and it works greats :thumbs: You can change the quality to fit more in but encoding takes forever. Took me 5 hours for 13 episodes in one DVD.

Caged Anger
08-20-2007, 01:31 PM
yea, thats video encoding though

transforms from a 3 gig mpeg to a 740meg divx avi take a few hours

all depends on the spoeed of your system as well as how much memory you have. Of course i generally just offload the files to my dual core laptop and let it crunch on it while i game on my desktop :D