PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

Caged Anger
09-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Ever since I installed the demo for Bioshock my computer hangs and needs to be rebooted if I play anything video related either too long or full screen. I've tried system restore, uninstalling reinstalling video card drivers, ect and all to no avail. No error report is ever received, BSoD is never shown, upon restart the res is put to 800 x 600, and the system does not reboot until i do it manually. Some helpful insight would be appreciated....most aggravating. :mad:

Death Engineer
09-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Sounds like you need to go through the following steps:

1. Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard. (more details if you need them)
2. Do a clean install of the video card drivers (this involves removing all bits and pieces of previous drivers).
3. Possibly uninstall the application that caused the problem? :P

Caged Anger
09-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Sounds like you need to go through the following steps:

1. Install the chipset drivers for your motherboard. (more details if you need them)
2. Do a clean install of the video card drivers (this involves removing all bits and pieces of previous drivers).
3. Possibly uninstall the application that caused the problem? :P

First thing i did was remove that piece of crap demo :P

Gonna skip to part 2 and make sure i really nuke everything NVidia related
The chipset is an NVidia NForce4 so maybe it was affected by the game or something...

Caged Anger
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
alright, drivers have been 100% removed and then reinstalled, still no good

I open up UT2004, the opening movie plays fine, the menu loads, the menu is fine until I either drop down the console or I make a selection. I've also plugged my crt back in and its as though the video card is not putting out a signal. The odd part is I ran dxdiagnostics without any freezes. Any help would be really appreciated, i also ran checks and don't have the securom rootkit installed either.

Just hoping Bioshocks didn't toast my graphics card....I would be most unhappy :<

Caged Anger
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Rather surprised there hasn't been more of a response to this. In any case, i thought for sure that as both the Bioshock demo and UT2004 have Unreal tech in them, maybe that was the issue, but I did a clean wipe of my UT installation and its still having the same problem. I'm running out of ideas here guys, any help would be appreciated...