PDA

View Full Version : You Have To Wonder If This Is Made Up

Bingo
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I mean, you really have to think this is fake. Yet at the same time, that voice in my head is telling me that you just can't make this stuff up...

I was reading an article about amazing trees of the world. This was the last item on the list. First, take a look at this picture.

Bingo
09-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Now here is the text that accompanied it:

The Tree of Ténéré or L’Abre du Ténéré was the world’s most isolated tree - the solitary acacia, which grew in the Sahara desert
in Ni g e r (The autofilter blanks out the country name), Africa, was the only tree within more than 250 miles (400 km) around.

The tree was the last surviving member of a group of acacias that grew when the desert wasn’t as dry. When scientists dug a hole near the tree, they found its roots went down as deep as 120 feet (36 m) below to the water table!

Apparently, being the only tree in that part of the wide-open desert (remember: there wasn’t another tree for 250 miles around), wasn’t enough to stop a drunk Libyan truck driver from driving his truck into it, knocking it down and killing it!

Now, a metal sculpture was placed in its spot to commemorate the Lonely Tree of Ténéré.

Can you freakin believe that?? The ONLY damn tree for 250 miles and this guy still can't manage to avoid hurling himself into it?? Like I said, you have this wonder if this is true, but dude. Who could make crap like that up??? lol

Anyways, if you want to see the whole article - and there are some really cool trees on it - here's the link to the full thing:
http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/21/10-most-magnificent-trees-in-the-world/

B

OUTLAWS Spike
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Pwnd!!!!:p

NastyDawg
09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Bingo, you of all of us should know living in FLA how bad drivers can be. (lots of blue hairs down there that like to drink) trust me I lived there for over 12 years and I as well almost got run over by a few of them. lol

Anyway that is pretty amazing...poor tree...the guys punishment should have been for him to plant a new tree in the same spot, and have him water it everyday for the rest of his life.

OUTLAWS CHICO
09-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Interresting stuff ,Thanks