One body

One family

One soul

One people

We are America.

NightBreed
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Great post Bingo !!!

I remember being right here at work, and the girls in the office said a plane hit the tower..I figured it was just a Cessna, maybe the pilot had a heart attack or somethin..
Then the second plane hit..and we knew it was terrorism..I remember being mad at everyone that day. I was mad at the customers for calling in, at the boss, for telling everyone there was still work to do. Why couldn't they see what was happening ??

So strange afterwards how quiet it was...everyone just so somber. I think being here in Connecticut and so close to NY, we all knew the WTC and someone who lived and/or worked in NYC..

I'll never forget that time as long as I live..

BOA
09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
My thoughts goes to all the people that was or became victims of this tragedy.

The Priest
09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I still remember were i was and what i was doing on that day will never forget it so so sad.

FUS1ON
09-11-2007, 09:53 PM
I'll never forget and i'm eternally grateful to the soldiers out there trying to find the @#$%&ers that contributed to and helped do this!

Suicidal
09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey Bingo, I don't know where you got it...
But, I'm going to use this for an Expository Writing assignment ok? (it will be nice who to give credit to for this)

its a very powerful and effective message. It will serve its purpose well

Bingo
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey Bingo, I don't know where you got it...
But, I'm going to use this for an Expository Writing assignment ok? (it will be nice who to give credit to for this)

its a very powerful and effective message. It will serve its purpose well

I can get more info if you need. My guess though is you missed the first line that says "Shamelessly ripped off from a priest here at work" :)

If not though, and you are wanting to know where HE got it from, I can find out - just let me know.

Bingo
09-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Some videos that I think are important to watch. This stuff is still hard for me to watch, to be honest. However, I think it's important that people never forget, and those that were too young get to see this. These are all really short, but to me they really capture the absolute horror of what was done.

These are also ones that I pretty much never see on TV coverage.

The very first plane to hit, shot from the street. This was part of a documentary on NY sewer work from what I understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpONEX8tme8

An absolutely unreal shot of the 2nd plane, with frame by frame slow motion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXJQNRY9w4o

Another shot of the 2nd plane. Listen especially to the horror from the onlookers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5emxrBO5oE

B

Bingo
09-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Also, I came across this on a CNN page where people were leaving messages remembering thier Heroes from that day. This was really, really touched me. I cannot imagine the things that this woman must have gone through:

Anne-Marie Canter of San Francisco, California
I had three heroes on that day. Two of them were firemen walking up the stairs of the North Tower as we were all walking down and out. We had been backed up on the stairwells and some people were starting to panic but when the two firemen came up and told us all to carry on walking, we would get out and they just walked up the stairs past us. They had such brave, courageous faces and their voices were so confident. They carried on up the stairs and we all felt much better and continued our way down. We all got out but I don't think they did and I will never forget those brave faces and the hope their strong voices gave us. My other hero is my friend Debbie -- she walked down next to me all the way and kept cheerful and even managed to make me smile when she made a joke about what a mess our mascara must be -- it sounds silly but at that point we all had no idea what was going on outside but we needed to distract ourselves from some of the smells and sounds in the stairwell and seeing someone so calm made me feel a lot calmer. We all are so much stronger than we think, and our actions have such an impact on those around us.

Full Story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/11/ireport.911.heroes/index.html

NightBreed
09-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Tough stories to read...even after 6 yrs....

Pure_Evil
09-12-2007, 03:25 AM
a sad day indeed.:(

ME BIGGD01
09-13-2007, 04:23 AM
You know I have to post here:)

TO be honest all of this 9/11 stuff is for politics. I live here and remember the smell of the city, the look on peoples faces and the hope people had to rescue people. I am actually wondering how many years are the going to do this stuff. Really what's the purpose? TO me it's political and although it's always sad when remembering the lost, I think it's time to move on. I don't need any other day to remind me of the day. I would rather make those responsible regret it.

Xeno
09-13-2007, 02:24 PM
do you americans work on that day btw.?

FUS1ON
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Come on man get real .... why in the hell would we honor the day some dumbass lunitics attacked us? That is dumb!