PDA

View Full Version : A fairy tale....

Sirc
09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Once, long ago, there was a time when so many people played SS:SE that all of the servers were almost always full, and you had to hurry to get into the next game while there were still slots open. It was a glorious time. The servers were all set on normal mode, and the the pups weren't as important as the big health and armor. No one complained about anything and everyone had fun.

Then something happened. One of the main servers changed to serious mode, and then eventually most of the servers changed over. Suddenly it was a different game. All of the weapons became much more powerful. The big armor and heart didn't matter much anymore because you could be killed by a single grenade, or rocket, or DBSG blast. And the serious damage pup became godlike. And then the whiners came like locusts, blackening the skies and infesting the very heart of the game. Players began making up new rules about using pups and weapons. Soon, all pups were off-limits, and if you used any weapon but the DBSG then you were considered a n00b and a spammer. And so, people quit playing and the game failed.

However, in the beginning of the serious damage age, something happened that no one could have imagined. The simple knife...the weapon you spawn with...became the ultimate weapon on a full server. Most never understood this and would complain about not being able to get a weapon in the much faster-paced serious damage mode. A few did indeed realize the new power of this simple weapon, and learned to use it. With devastating effect. Sirc was one of those players.

http://rapidshare.com/files/57745291/Knife.mpg

Of all of the SS movies I've watched, with all of the jumps and tricks and cheats and light bulb skins, I've never seen anything that demonstrated the power of the knife so clearly as in this vid. And all it took was some practice and fairly good reflexes. Few could stand against me when I had the knife, no matter what weapon they had. Notable exceptions where <Outlaws> Chico, who was the undisputed master of the knife, and a bit later Bigg, who finally got pissed off with getting stabbed, hehe.

I know I've posted this before. I was cleaning up my HD and found the vid again. I just thought some of the newer players may enjoy it. Note the 8 knife kills in a row in 20 seconds in Tombs. :D

EDIT: You should be able to download the movie as a free-user. If there are problems then let me know.

DiTomasso
09-23-2007, 07:16 PM
downloading as i type.....

and they lived happily ever after....

DiTomasso
09-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks for posting this, Insane good movie. excellent music big :thumbs:

Nick
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
downloading...

Johnny Knoxville
09-23-2007, 07:30 PM
downloading... :P
i hope its cool :)

Nick
09-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Gg!!

Devil
09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5818/c029le0.gif hahaha nice movie :thumbs::thumbs:

Digital Fighter
09-23-2007, 08:15 PM
nice history and vid!

petter
09-23-2007, 08:31 PM
got it as a mp4 before. watched it again. i like the killing spree in yoddi, and especially the last words of wisdom, about not having enough guns to start frag or be fragged :D good post Sirc :thumbs:

Nitro
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA stop the bus!!

do i care to remind you of this?

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5641

oh, and excellent knifing :D

Nick
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM

nasty nasty :)

Nick
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
but I like it !!! :D

Sirc
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM

You're a freak for remembering that post. :P

But yes, as I said, serious damage was the death knell of SS. Even I got to the point where I couldn't deal with people timing the SD pup and spamming everything and even taking out people across a map that you shouldn't have been able to kill. Obviously I wasn't immune to this because I quit long ago. My point was, knife in full server = massacre. It's the only time it is as effective as any other weapon. SD pup in a half-full server = go play WoW instead. :D

Sirc
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
got it as a mp4 before. watched it again. i like the killing spree in yoddi, and especially the last words of wisdom, about not having enough guns to start frag or be fragged :D good post Sirc :thumbs:

I've lost that copy. It was high-rez and something like 800MB. Do you still have it? If so, can you upload it somewhere for me to download? If not, that's fine.

Suicidal
09-23-2007, 09:33 PM
what is Sd, like, 4x damage or somethin? That and combines with the gross amount of time you have it for seems like overkill...
if it was weaker or half as long, it may not have been so bad

Sirc
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
what is Sd, like, 4x damage or somethin? That and combines with the gross amount of time you have it for seems like overkill...
if it was weaker or half as long, it may not have been so bad

SD is grossly overpowered on serious damage mode.

But I really don't want this to become yet another "pups suck" thread. There are other threads for that. The main reason I quit was because the people I used to enjoy playing with quit and were replaced by whiners and cheaters. Too many time I've found myself on a server with, say, someone hiding in the mountain in Yodeller with the sniper rifle. Or abusing the cannon and pups in Hole. None of that mattered when there were always at least 8 people playing, but when there are only 4 people playing, it sucks.

petter
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
I've lost that copy. It was high-rez and something like 800MB. Do you still have it? If so, can you upload it somewhere for me to download? If not, that's fine.
sorry Sirc. i still have it as i never deleted any sam movie. i dl it here some year(s) ago. but unfortunately its not what ur looking for, as its a 166mb mp4 file. probably u or someone else compressed the original file and uploaded it more recently than the first time it was posted.
maybe chances are slim but lets hope someone else can help u get that high res original.

Nitro
09-24-2007, 12:46 AM
"someone hiding in the mountain in Yodeller with the sniper rifle"

first of all, using the sniper is only possible if you are in one of the houses in the map, not under the map, where only laser, rocket and grenade launchers work.

however,' you are totally correct in your analysis of how the 1.07 version at least got destroyed because when a certain someone (NOT slice haha) changed the main dedicated server used in those days to the serious mode.
i have always said that the 'hard' difficult was the best balance but noone ever seemed to like that middle-of-the-road difficult *confused*

petter
09-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Sirc is correct http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Suicidal
09-24-2007, 02:04 AM
But I really don't want this to become yet another "pups suck" thread.

I had no intention of that (to be honest, i just wanted confirmation of the 4x thing. heh heh)
I could care less if they get used of not. people have the right to get mad all they want :rolleyes:

Sirc
09-24-2007, 03:07 AM

first of all, using the sniper is only possible if you are in one of the houses in the map, not under the map, where only laser, rocket and grenade launchers work.

I'm not talking about being under the map. I'm talking about being up on the mountain. Freestyler was the master at doing that. If I found him doing that in a game I would ask him to stop. And he always did, and then proceeded to kick my butt anyway. Heh.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
09-24-2007, 05:17 AM
5 years of playing this game......5 years.....I can't say that about any other game....I love you Sam. :)

PyronoX
09-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Really nice video . :thumbs:
Luv da music . ;>

Joakim
09-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Nice vid :D

It makes me wonder, what if all servers were Normal today and all players pupped? Maybe Sam would have been more active ^^

Nitro
09-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Sirc is correct http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif
i didnt notice SIRc said on the mountain. my bad lol

Nitro
09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice vid :D

It makes me wonder, what if all servers were Normal today and all players pupped? Maybe Sam would have been more active ^^

look at 1.05

it doesnt look too much more active than 1.07 so that theory kind of doesnt work =/