PDA

View Full Version : Are we overreacting to climate change?

SASQUATCH
10-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Video and yes YouTube heheh but it's real what they are talking about.
I like to hear both sides to it and that is why I read about it.

New Scientist news.
http://www.newscientist.com/blog/environment/2007/10/are-we-overreacting-to-climate-change.html

Nitro
10-07-2007, 10:27 AM
If global warming or global cooling exists or not is not even important. What is important is to realize how we are killing our mother earth with all the pollution we have been causing since the industrial revolution, when mankind started living as if he was separate from the land and not a part of it. Perfect clean energy sources exist and they are being supressed because of the evil called money which keep huams reliant on crude and primitive energy sources instead of infinite clean ZPE from subspace.

Sirc
10-07-2007, 07:38 PM
If global warming or global cooling exists or not is not even important. What is important is to realize how we are killing our mother earth with all the pollution we have been causing since the industrial revolution, when mankind started living as if he was separate from the land and not a part of it. Perfect clean energy sources exist and they are being supressed because of the evil called money which keep huams reliant on crude and primitive energy sources instead of infinite clean ZPE from subspace.

When I was a kid I got hold of some ZPE and attached it to my bike. I think I hit about 70 mph before I got to the end of the street, hit the guardrail, and was throw into a corn field. I was picking corn kernels out of my nose for a week. ZPE is not safe. Enough said.

Nitro
10-08-2007, 12:12 AM
That wasn't nice...

Goober
10-08-2007, 11:48 AM
That wasn't nice...

Maybe not, but it made me laugh!

Whether or not we are causing global warming it would be nice to live on a cleaner planet.

ALERT!....THIS JUST IN!

GLOBAL WARMING IS BEING CAUSED BY THE DECAYING ORBIT OF THE EARTH AROUND THE SUN. CHICKEN LITTLE WAS WRONG! THE SKY ISN'T FALLING...........THE EARTH IS!

Nitro
10-08-2007, 02:43 PM
haha

Truth that. Climate change is a little more complicated than just saying it's caused by the sun, pollution or cows flagellating

MassacreAL
10-10-2007, 06:20 PM
hmm, czech president had a speech on this few days ago on some osn meeting. i`ve heard he goes to washington from time to time to say something about that. have you guys ever heard on news about him? just curious

SHOTGUNmaniac
10-10-2007, 11:10 PM
When I was a kid I got hold of some ZPE and attached it to my bike. I think I hit about 70 mph before I got to the end of the street, hit the guardrail, and was throw into a corn field. I was picking corn kernels out of my nose for a week. ZPE is not safe. Enough said.

lol, maybe its not safe on a bike then. but maybe on otherstuff.

ME BIGGD01
10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
SAS, I think the reaction is pathetic to climate control. The Al Gores are crying the sky is falling while they continue to do everything they tell us not to do. I think that things are changing and we have no control of it. I believe we can make changes to the way we live that makes things cleaner also. We can cut down on waste by 75%. The problem is that greed prevents this. Money is to be made at all costs. We can have a better and cleaner way of running our cars or heating our homes. We can reuse plastics or maybe just stick to glass. I think if people look at the algorythm of nature, we have had weather like this in the past. These things have happened before. The problem is people are making trillions of dollars on this hype and it gives the tree lovers another thing to bother normal people about.

The arguments is not that I use too much gas but it should be that there is no other alternative. My sister in law is one of these freaks. She drives a hybrid and tells me it's better then my truck or mustang. I asked her if it's better that t does not pollute or better that it pollutes less. You see what I mean? If they put their energy into an alternative solution that works I am all for it but energy to break my balls over how I get to work with my equipment, that don't work.

All in all I think it's ok that people make a difference such as myself to take better care of things like recylcle and stuff. I always do that regardless and feel waste is a disgrace. You wont see me holding a picket sign for this though because it does nothing that accomplises the problem. Pissing people off is not the option to fix things. Besides who has time to do that when normal people have real jobs and don't make money crying the sky is falling.

Mad Fox
10-11-2007, 08:38 PM
In a free market society pollution is inevitable. But the power of the collective cna change it. I think that people who are concerned about the enviroment should use their buying power to buy eco-friendly products. Personally I think global warming is a problem and it is up to everyday citizens to conserve. Using less gas, not using disposable products, and other things. I think its small changes that can make a difference.

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 01:22 AM
How do people use less gas and what is a good amount of gas a person should use?

II also think people should do what they can instead of being lazy and just not giving an F.

Nitro
10-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Facts are that 2009 will be the year when oil production will start FALLING and that is a fact. By 2029, because of the growing world economy by about 4% per year, thanks mainly to China/India who are number 1 in the world as far as economies go, there will be no more oil left, essentially. That is the latest that the governments of the world will have to think fast to either starting using hydrogen or finally disclose ZPE or cold fusion/electricity to the masses which would be the RIGHT thing to do but that won't happen so most probably we will be stuck investing billions or even trillions of dollars in hydrogen.

Mad Fox
10-12-2007, 03:05 AM
By less gas i mena cut your consumption.

Nitro
10-12-2007, 03:30 AM

Do you think that's truly possible in America? In Europe, it most certainly is but here, we simply cannot live without driving long distances in our cars to get from point A to point B. I'll tell you that the way I'm cutting my gas consumption is by moving to Europe next year. It will help and everyone wins in the end.

Caged Anger
10-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Climate change is a natural occurance. Core samples from Greenland support this. The fact that we have been blessed in the time we have been here with a relatively predicatable environment should not be taken as a sign it will never change. No one can really doubt nowadays that we have had some form of an impact on the future of this planet. However, screaming that the end is near offers nothing in the way of a solution.

People are freaked, a northwest passage has formed! Water levels are rising! Storms are getting stronger!.....k, the sea levels have always been rising, sicne the end of the last ice age, get over it. The fact you chose to build a 2 mil. $ mansion 50 feet from the water should not concern the average joe. Northwest passage? well, considering the records of the area it has formed are limited at best offers no basis of comparison. It very well could have formed before and Columbo was too busy pillaging the locals to notice :P And as for the storms getting stronger, I'm sure there is also an explanation.

I am pro recycling, pro environment and everything else Gore whines about. No doubt making it out to be such a big deal will be a benefit in the long run as it will thoroughly motivate the procrastinators. However, our measures should be monitored and regulated. What scares me most is not what the planet might turn into, the planet will heal itself if given time I'm sure. What worries me are all these articles circulating about the various "Geo-Forming" projects. You have people proposing the radical ideas and hairbrained schemes to make everything perfect again and it scares the shit out of me. (Dumping supertankers of iron into the ocean, mirrors in space, mutated microbes....any of this sound like outakes of a bad sci fi film?)

Point is, don't worry about the planet if you are willing to take measures to remove the factors contributing to the problem. The holes in the ozone layer have proven that with time the planet does heal. Worry instead about the people trying to find the simple, cost effective means of getting around the problem.

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 04:31 AM

I wish I could but don't have the option. My car is my office most of the time and the L.I.expressway is the hell.

I agree with you Caged and that's pretty much how I feel and was trying to say but when can I ever get the words out right.

Sirc
10-12-2007, 04:50 AM
You, my friend, are an idiot. Mild climate change over centuries is a normal and a natural cycle. Never before in the history of this earth has so much CO2 and methane (from cows and other grazing animals) been produced in such a short period of time. What you don't seem to understand is that the natural fluctuations can be pushed beyond what nature can recover from.

Every foot of ice that is lost from the arctic ocean means that more heat is absorbed by the sea. Every ounce of CO2 that is released because of the burning of fossil fuels, and every once of methane that is released because of the huge increase in grazing animals, means more heat is captured by the atmosphere. What you see happening may perhaps be the peak of a natural cycle, but the man-made influence is taking things far beyond what could ever be considered natural. The cycle is being taken from a sinusoidal curve and being transformed into an exponential curve. And as humans continue to increase their numbers on this planet, and nations like China and India continue to industrialize, everything will only get worse.

Some of you actually need to feel the effects of the bricks hitting your face before you'll stop running towards the wall. It's pretty sad. And stupid.

Climate change is a natural occurance. Core samples from Greenland support this. The fact that we have been blessed in the time we have been here with a relatively predicatable environment should not be taken as a sign it will never change. No one can really doubt nowadays that we have had some form of an impact on the future of this planet. However, screaming that the end is near offers nothing in the way of a solution.

People are freaked, a northwest passage has formed! Water levels are rising! Storms are getting stronger!.....k, the sea levels have always been rising, sicne the end of the last ice age, get over it. The fact you chose to build a 2 mil. $ mansion 50 feet from the water should not concern the average joe. Northwest passage? well, considering the records of the area it has formed are limited at best offers no basis of comparison. It very well could have formed before and Columbo was too busy pillaging the locals to notice :P And as for the storms getting stronger, I'm sure there is also an explanation.

I am pro recycling, pro environment and everything else Gore whines about. No doubt making it out to be such a big deal will be a benefit in the long run as it will thoroughly motivate the procrastinators. However, our measures should be monitored and regulated. What scares me most is not what the planet might turn into, the planet will heal itself if given time I'm sure. What worries me are all these articles circulating about the various "Geo-Forming" projects. You have people proposing the radical ideas and hairbrained schemes to make everything perfect again and it scares the shit out of me. (Dumping supertankers of iron into the ocean, mirrors in space, mutated microbes....any of this sound like outakes of a bad sci fi film?)

Point is, don't worry about the planet if you are willing to take measures to remove the factors contributing to the problem. The holes in the ozone layer have proven that with time the planet does heal. Worry instead about the people trying to find the simple, cost effective means of getting around the problem.

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 05:01 AM
:eek: So what you are saying the sky is falling? :eek:

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 05:05 AM
I also just want to let everyone know that if you ever make it to Tennesee and chill with Goober, you will also see another problem where methane is coming from. That guy can kill a tree with one swoop of the leg.

Sirc
10-12-2007, 05:14 AM
:eek: So what you are saying the sky is falling? :eek:

Yes. Scientists have been telling us this for the past 10+ years. The government, in it's infinite wisdom, in the interest of economic growth, has continuously edited all of the ecological reports to suit their own interests.

Honestly, it's probably too late to stop the disaster that is coming. Laugh as you will. If you can't see the signs now, you probably won't until you have beach front property BIGG. And it will happen within your own lifetime.

SASQUATCH
10-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Some of you actually need to feel the effects of the bricks hitting your face before you'll stop running towards the wall. It's pretty sad. And stupid.

LMAO

SASQUATCH
10-12-2007, 05:21 AM
Yes. Scientists have been telling us this for the past 10+ years. The government, in it's infinite wisdom, in the interest of economic growth, has continuously edited all of the ecological reports to suit their own interests.

Honestly, it's probably too late to stop the disaster that is coming. Laugh as you will. If you can't see the signs now, you probably won't until you have beach front property BIGG. And it will happen within your own lifetime.

From what I read it is now about 10 years but some are saying it's too late but I don't want to believe that but we do need to act now.

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Although this is not my cup of tea, I regardless try to do the right thing. I recylcle and sure the hell hate to waste. This may sound pathetic but I am a guy who refills the poland spring bottles with the filtered water out of my fridge.

Now on the subject you hear so many different stories. Some Scientists say everything is ok and some say beware. I will tell you this and I honestly mean it. I believe God will take care of me no matter what. That may be against what other believe but I believe in God. At the same time I do what I can to respect the earth. Hell would you believe I grow a garden also every summer? That's the truth as much as people see me weird at this forum, I plant a garden.

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Oh and Sirc, I live on Long Island and we are already sinking due to beach erosion. My plans are to get out of NY in a few years. The only thing keepingme in this filth is My wife's treatments. I am sick of this place and looking at the country the first chance I get.

Nitro
10-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh and Sirc, I live on Long Island and we are already sinking due to beach erosion. My plans are to get out of NY in a few years. The only thing keepingme in this filth is My wife's treatments. I am sick of this place and looking at the country the first chance I get.

I feel your pain! The tri-state area is hell on earth.