PDA

View Full Version : Memory Issue Revisited

Caged Anger
10-16-2007, 02:46 PM
This is referring to the memory issue I encountered a month ago. I'm still irked that I'm loosing the performance i should be having by running the memory at 183MHz instead of 200 MHz. If run at 200 MHz the system will crash in games and randomly in the OS.

I currently have 4 (512MB) sticks of Corsair PC3200 DDR 400 (200MHz) dual channel memory. They are currently running at 183MHz and I want them to go at 200MHz. Biggs mentioned upping the voltage to the memory, but this is something I really need thorough and careful instructions for as to fry my memory at this point would be most detrimental and hard to fix. :D

ME BIGGD01
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
This is referring to the memory issue I encountered a month ago. I'm still irked that I'm loosing the performance i should be having by running the memory at 183MHz instead of 200 MHz. If run at 200 MHz the system will crash in games and randomly in the OS.

I currently have 4 (512MB) sticks of Corsair PC3200 DDR 400 (200MHz) dual channel memory. They are currently running at 183MHz and I want them to go at 200MHz. Biggs mentioned upping the voltage to the memory, but this is something I really need thorough and careful instructions for as to fry my memory at this point would be most detrimental and hard to fix. :D

Wait a second, I though you had two sticks of ram. You cannot run 4 sticks of ram at 200 in a 939 board most of the time. I bet your ht is also running at 1600 instead of 2000 right? because of latency this was always a problem and it would clock down. The memory and cpu are trying to run in sync and ignore what I said about the voltage. Your problem is because you have 4 sticks of ram. This would be ok with certain processors but not the ht2000 versions.

Caged Anger
10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
dunno if it matters, but i don't have 4 gigs, i have 2gigs in 4 sticks

ME BIGGD01
10-17-2007, 04:17 AM
dunno if it matters, but i don't have 4 gigs, i have 2gigs in 4 sticks

I understand that but having 4 modules is your problem. Trust me take out two sticks and check all your memory settings and cpu settings to auto. You will see what I mean.

Caged, google cpu-z and download it. It will give you your answers to what is running and how it is running.

actually here is a link (Don't want to be lazy)

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Caged Anger
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I already get all that info through Everest Home edition

I'm just curious then why they would put 4 slots on the mobo then if they cannot handle the specified speed.

ME BIGGD01
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Caged really no matter what system you have it will run slower with all modules inserted due to latency. As far as AMD's platform, the problem was with the memory controller. To answer you question, it was all marketing. No real need for 4 slots as you can install 2 gigs of ram that way. Anyone who installs mor ethan 2 gigs oon a desktop is pretty much wasting their money. Depending on your OS as well, you are limited to the amount it will see. It really sucks I know but that's just the way it is and unless you want to run your memory at 333 and ht at 1600, you have to use two slots.

by the way was I correct when you looked at your program?