PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9.24 released

ME BIGGD01
10-18-2007, 02:03 PM
http://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/924/en/Opera_9.24_Eng_Setup.exe

Not sure if anyone uses this. If so what are your feelings and experiences with?

Asian Invasian
10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Opera is sick, im getting this when I get home.

BobtheCkroach
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Caged practically sleeps with it, he loves it so much.

I've never seen anything that opera can offer that's worth switching for.

ME BIGGD01
10-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Hopefully he can or will add what he likes about it over IE or FF.

Caged Anger
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
omg, Bob sent word there was a thread going down about Opera. I'm typing this during comp sci class :D

I have been using Opera pretty much since I got the net, so that was....5 years ago? something like that.

My Likes:
1)Having all the features I want compiled together without requiring me to download x skin and y addon (yes, there are widgets, but the features i want are in the main program)
Such as: Built in Email, download manager, notepad, feed reader, skins, color schemes, bookmark manager, tabbed browsing, contact manager, speed dial, and more

2)The relatively high level of security due to the fact that it isn't a widely used browser and functions differently

3)The fact that Opera is the browser comes up with the new ideas such as built in Bit Torrent support, search functionality, download manager, ect and the other browsers simply copy it.

4)It has always been a quick page loader

Dislikes:

1) Still has a lot of incompatabilities, such as with activeX controls and BHO's

2) Some pages still do not display correctly if viewed with Opera

The newest release only fixes a few minor problems, I might wait to upgrade.