PDA

View Full Version : Had to fire somebody today...

HAMMER
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
You know...I have this guy that works for me, that has had a long history of making mistakes, showing up late, missing days, sleeping at his desk and a variety of other problems. I have given this guy so many warnings now it's not even right. I have had conferences with him in my office on several occasions and have written him up.

Tonight, he was asleep at his desk yet again, so I had to ask him to leave. I feel terrible about it. I know he has a family, and it sucks to have to do that to anybody...:(

Mad Fox
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
lets hope that he learned a valuable lesson.

PyronoX
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
If he sleeps and arrive late , it's his own fault .

MORGANA
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe you should take i long converse with him to find out whats wrong with him. If he have problems in his family or with him- self, or if he is a wrong person for this job ( or only lazy, whatever)

Banshee
10-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Hmm, if so many warnings didn't teach him nothing...some ppl will never learn althought I don't know him so I can't judge.

Sexyjess
10-23-2007, 02:59 PM
A work is always a work! you should always keep your private problems outside work, even if hard things happends.

you can always try talk with your boss, but he didnt even do that so thats his problem

anyway maybe he needed someone to tell him hes fire..that might wake him up soon or later

Suicidal
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey. Life aint easy

BlackWolf
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
looking at the info u wrote i think he brought it on himself

so no reason to feel sorry about that

and if he had some personal probs he should have come forward to u and talked with u about it since u had already warned him

Fifth
10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
looking at the info u wrote i think he brought it on himself

so no reason to feel sorry about that

and if he had some personal probs he should have come forward to u and talked with u about it since u had already warned him

totally agree

Asian Invasian
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Like my boss always tells me. Its either his job or my job. You were just doing yours and he wasn't. I am the same way though, everytime I catch someone not working, or doing something wrong, I get to tell my boss and he will fire them if its a termable offense. I'm like an assistant supervisor, and I always feel responsible when someone gets fired. They usually deserve it though, which the guy your talking about sounds like he deserves it, so nothing to feel bad about.

Nitro
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Like my boss always tells me. Its either his job or my job. You were just doing yours and he wasn't. I am the same way though, everytime I catch someone not working, or doing something wrong, I get to tell my boss and he will fire them if its a termable offense. I'm like an assistant supervisor, and I always feel responsible when someone gets fired. They usually deserve it though, which the guy your talking about sounds like he deserves it, so nothing to feel bad about.

wow ur a dick hah

i only fired someone ONCE and that was cuz he kept breaking everything he touched and was an immature ginger kid

PJ'l_Master
10-25-2007, 01:37 AM
from the way you worded that AI, you made it sound like your a snitch more then anything :P

EXEcution
10-25-2007, 02:22 AM
AI works for a Nazi telemarketing firm. They should all be snitched on and fired for pissing people off.

FUS1ON
10-25-2007, 02:57 AM
There need to be more like him that are willing to speak up instead of minding their own business and just letting stuff go.

Asian Invasian
10-25-2007, 05:21 AM
There need to be more like him that are willing to speak up instead of minding their own business and just letting stuff go.

I am glad someone understands.

from the way you worded that AI, you made it sound like your a snitch more then anything :P

Actually everyone at my job loves me, im the nice manager. However if you take advantage of it your gone.

ME BIGGD01
10-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I am glad someone understands.

Actually everyone at my job loves me, im the nice manager. However if you take advantage of it your gone.

Nobody likes a rat:D

As far as firing someone, you should not feel bad at all. Be relieved that someone will be hired or found to make your life easier. There are no friends during work hours. As someone said hopefully they learned a lesson. I would not bank on it but hopefully. People are lazy today and take advantage of their employment. As my father use to say "You give an honest days work for an honest days pay". I live by that and so should everyone that has a job.

Asian Invasian
10-27-2007, 10:41 PM

Im not a supervisor Im a manger. I can't fire someone but the supervisor can. Therefore if I want someone fired I tell them and they get fired.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM

As far as firing someone, you should not feel bad at all. Be relieved that someone will be hired or found to make your life easier. There are no friends during work hours. As someone said hopefully they learned a lesson. I would not bank on it but hopefully. People are lazy today and take advantage of their employment. As my father use to say "You give an honest days work for an honest days pay". I live by that and so should everyone that has a job.

Here's something my Dad told me. Work Hard Play Hard!!!

Caged Anger
10-28-2007, 04:56 AM
There is a limit to kindness in the workplace and it is reached more often than many want to admit. The guy clearly did not respect his position and has paid the price. It sucks, but a company cannot survive without everyone pulling their weight.

Nitro
10-28-2007, 10:38 AM
in Communist Poland, the most kickass thing was that you hardly "worked", which usually comprised of carousing with the female employees all day, sleeping in your office, and taking lush walks out in the park

Banshee
10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
hehe in some places here in Poland you still can encounter that kinda stories Nitro...
I only once got almost fired ( I had to leave by myself)they didn't pay me and I was very unpleased by that, they tried to convince me it was my fault,well I started a little investigation then I figured the manger and director were making very harmful things to this company, they all got fred and I had to leave also because of uncomfortable situation, but they paid me.oh yes they paid me good:thumbs:

Nitro
10-28-2007, 05:00 PM
hehe in some places here in Poland you still can encounter that kinda stories Nitro...
I only once got almost fired ( I had to leave by myself)they didn't pay me and I was very unpleased by that, they tried to convince me it was my fault,well I started a little investigation then I figured the manger and director were making very harmful things to this company, they all got fred and I had to leave also because of uncomfortable situation, but they paid me.oh yes they paid me good:thumbs:

jaka to byla kompania?

Lady Doom
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
jaka to byla kompania?

that was Intrum Justitia - Execution of debts

Nitro
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
ahh, credit management..it all makes sense then