PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock screen goes black =0

Zed
11-07-2007, 02:37 AM
I just got bioshock today and I installed it.. everything went well but then when i load it and go to the main menu i have no pointer so im lost and i took the time to point to new game so i played it loaded then i saw the first cutscene but then when it comes time for gameplay i only see like boxes of blue and black and the fire but then when i move it goes black then some of the details apear then when i move again it goes black and I dont know how to fix this problem is it because i have radeon x800 and not nvidia graphic card?? i think its the graphic card :confused:

ME BIGGD01
11-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Please post all software related threads in the correct section. Also pleaselist complete specs of your systema nd try to provide anyone willing to help as much information as possible.

OS
SYSTEM SPECS
Etc.

I think I am going to start deleting any thread created after this one that asks for help but does not offer any info for people to help. Makes it a waste if you wanthelp and ask for it but don't tell us enough to fix it for you.

Zed
11-07-2007, 03:18 AM
sorry cant you move the thread??..

Specs are...

Radeon x800
1gbRam
CPU - Pentium 4 3.0 GHz Single Core processor

i think thats the main things... anything else i didnt add??

ME BIGGD01
11-07-2007, 03:26 AM
What operating system are you using?

Zed
11-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Windows XP

ME BIGGD01
11-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Ok now thats good. I can help you only so much as I do not have this game. Your card may be a little weak along with the specs of your system. I would try to lower your resolutionto 800x600 and put all settings on low. If that does not help I would look at the system requirements for the game and look at the required specs and match it up to what you have.

Zed
11-07-2007, 03:35 AM
ok let me try the resolution

Zed
11-07-2007, 03:43 AM
nope.. its on its lowest but still completly black..

ME BIGGD01
11-07-2007, 03:45 AM
make sure you have the latest dx9 installed on your pc. Your card does not support shader 3.0 either so that could be the problem. Hopefully someone will be able to help more who owns this game.

Try updating your video drives also.

Zed
11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
my card doesnt does not support shader 3.0?? where can i get this update??

and i have latest dx9 installed too.

ME BIGGD01
11-07-2007, 04:20 AM
You need to buy a new card for shader 3.0 but usually you would look to get a shader 4.0 card for future use.

As far as drivers go here

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

after downloading what you need make sure you uninstall old drivers first.

Disable virus software before installing new drivers.

Oscar(WCFD)
11-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Here are the system requirements, I'm sorry, but looking at what you posted, your video card doesn't meet the minimum, looks like you will need to upgrade your video.
This is why everybody should look at the System Requirements before buying a game

Minimum System Requirements:
* Operating Systems: Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista
* CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
* System RAM: 1GB
* Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
* Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:
* Operating Systems: Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
* System RAM: 2GB
* Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
* Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

Zed
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
You need to buy a new card for shader 3.0 but usually you would look to get a shader 4.0 card for future use.

As far as drivers go here

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

after downloading what you need make sure you uninstall old drivers first.

Disable virus software before installing new drivers.

So if i install this the game will work?