PDA

View Full Version : GameMecca TF2 Server Donations

FUS1ON
11-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Here is you chance to help getting some action back in GM. Talk is cheap and advice is free, dig down in them pockets and lets get this server going. If we can get 6 people to get it started it would only cost $17 per person for 6 months or $9 per person for 3 months. Servers with the site's name in it bring in new people and once we get it going then we can maybe get some donations rolling in to a server fund.

So far we have:
Bingo $9
Shogun $9 or $17

You can click the PayPal link in my signature to donate, just specify in the details that it is for the TF2 server fund.

Bingo
11-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Currently, I'm looking at Gameservers.com

They have decent rates, appear to have a good feature set, and also offer some pretty cheap voice hosting and I'm thinking seriously about going ahead and buying a teamspeak server to go along with it.

FUS1ON
11-11-2007, 12:25 AM
I thought TF2 had ingame chat, but our own chat server would be nice

Bingo
11-11-2007, 12:29 AM
From what I see, TF does have built in voice chat. I was going to get it since I could get it half price from gameservers.

And hell, most people I know use Vent - but I don't and I don't want to and since I was gonna pay for it, it's why I said don't ask about it. Har! :P

Bingo
11-11-2007, 12:42 AM
ah im not going to tell u what to do, but ive had tons of hl1 servers(counter-strike) im sure games run with hl2 engine are the same and i can def tell u DONT go with gameservers lol, i suggest here
http://rentals.nuclearfallout.net/order.php

yah i know its a little pricey but these servers are quite amazing.

Hardware
* Dual Intel Xeon x5355 (quad-core) processors (eight cores total)
* 15,000 RPM hard drives
* 6 GB of the fastest available RAM

Thanks for the tip. However, since they are slightly more than twice as expensive as gameservers, I'm thinking maybe (Assuming we can go forward with this) I would go with gameservers for a little while and see where this goes and how it works before I commit to that kind of money.

However, if this goes well I may look very hard at something like that.