PDA

View Full Version : Vick 23 Months in Prison

Asian Invasian
12-11-2007, 12:51 AM
IMO the best and most excited player to watch in the NFL was finally sentenced to 23 months in federal prison.

Although what he did was wrong I feel the punishment was harsh, and it sucks to see my favorite player gone so fast...

/discuss

Seriously Deadly
12-11-2007, 01:52 AM
he deserves prison time, but he is getting to much, atleast thats what i think.
What were the other people involved sentences?

Seriously Deadly
12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
also, this is kindoff unrelated, but, in spanish class like a month ago, the teacher was asking for our favorite athletes in spanish, and to answer in spanish. she asked a kid named Christian, and he said michael vick, and she refused to write Vicks name on the board, and stopped the whole class.

She told us what he did, for the people who didnt know, and made him sound horrible, even though i agree what he did was horrible, but not something you need to stop class for and tell students.

But anyway, Christian was pissed and was like i like him as an athlete, not as a person, and saying that in different ways to the teacher, and in the end, the teacher still didnt write down Vicks name, and said "this tells me alot about your personality.

super retarded.

Pure_Evil
12-11-2007, 02:20 AM
I think that the punishment is great! No reason why he should get less.

PJ'l_Master
12-11-2007, 02:49 AM
shoulda got more imo

EXEcution
12-11-2007, 03:02 AM
His reputation is ruined for life so it doesn't really matter how long his prison sentence is.

FUS1ON
12-11-2007, 03:02 AM
I think it's extremely funny that because he put dogs in the pen, his ass is in one now ... talk about getting back what you give out.

Asian Invasian
12-11-2007, 03:09 AM
also, this is kindoff unrelated, but, in spanish class like a month ago, the teacher was asking for our favorite athletes in spanish, and to answer in spanish. she asked a kid named Christian, and he said michael vick, and she refused to write Vicks name on the board, and stopped the whole class.

She told us what he did, for the people who didnt know, and made him sound horrible, even though i agree what he did was horrible, but not something you need to stop class for and tell students.

But anyway, Christian was pissed and was like i like him as an athlete, not as a person, and saying that in different ways to the teacher, and in the end, the teacher still didnt write down Vicks name, and said "this tells me alot about your personality.

super retarded.

That is what I am talking about, what an ignorant bitch. I would have probably went off on the teacher. The kid has every right to say he liked Vick as an athelete. Yes what he did was stupid, but Yes he is IMO one of the most amazing players to watch.

SASQUATCH
12-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Not to Hurt...

Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals)
Is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough.
We have a higher mission:
To be of service to them whenever they require it.

by SAINT FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Nitro
12-11-2007, 03:47 AM
peace, love, unity, respect

SASQUATCH
12-11-2007, 04:01 AM
"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive.
He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love."

by Martin Luther King, Jr.

I would hope that Vick understand and would find it in his heart and hope that when he does come out of jail, that he would change his outlook toward animals.

EXEcution
12-11-2007, 04:13 AM
peace, love, unity, respect
All buzzwords when not put into some sort of context. In short, the mean nothing when simply written down.

SAS's quote, on the other hand, does have relevant meaning and I agree with MLK. I think that Vick understands that what he did was wrong hopefully he will come back to society in two years as a reformed person.

Nitro
12-11-2007, 04:20 AM
All buzzwords when not put into some sort of context. In short, the mean nothing when simply written down.

SAS's quote, on the other hand, does have relevant meaning and I agree with MLK. I think that Vick understands that what he did was wrong hopefully he will come back to society in two years as a reformed person.

You are incorrect that they mean nothing.

Peace - Hostility typically serves no purpose other than to defend an ego that is lacking inner peace.

Love - Acts and feelings of goodwill towards all others are a moral imperative with their own rewards.

Unity - This can mean either that:
We are all united in the human condition, or
As social beings, the feeling of connectedness with others is the ultimate end to our efforts.

Respect - A person must show regard for the feelings of others through their actions and inaction.

Pure_Evil
12-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Raiders will sign him as soon as he's out :rolleyes:

EXEcution
12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
You are incorrect that they mean nothing.

Peace - Hostility typically serves no purpose other than to defend an ego that is lacking inner peace.

Love - Acts and feelings of goodwill towards all others are a moral imperative with their own rewards.

Unity - This can mean either that:
We are all united in the human condition, or
As social beings, the feeling of connectedness with others is the ultimate end to our efforts.

Respect - A person must show regard for the feelings of others through their actions and inaction.
Well now that you defined the words they have some meaning. Otherwise they are as much open to interpretation as words like life and liberty.