PDA

View Full Version : New rule on Gamemecca - LE server

Nitro
12-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I have learned that there is a website that has all kinds of hacks and cheats for Serious Sam from this topic: http://www.gamezone-24.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12313

I do not know the site nor do I care and it is best no one knows it. In any case, I am issuing a very strict warning. I will be recording a demo of every game I play and if I notice that anyone is exhibiting the movements and playing style of someone who is using wallhacks, colorbots, aimbots, or similar hacks, I will permanently ban their entire subnet, meaning if your IP is 67.91.62.113, I will ban it this way: 67.91.62.x and not just that single IP because of the possibility of a changing IP. If someone is caught in this fishnet and is innocent, PLEASE by all means let me know immediately and I will settle it. I do not wish to have anyone banned from the server who did not cheat or use hacks but I am telling you..and you of course understand this...that this is what it's come down to because of a few scum that have become hellbent on destroying an already-on-life-support game that has a small and tightly-knight community.

Changes go into effect starting today. If you disagree with this rule, please state your reason why but I think it is unfortunately the only way to combat these players. I know players like Total Enigma play with obscenely modified map textures, as seen here (yes it is him, as he says here: http://www.gamezone-24.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12264&page=6:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7443/xdyn1.jpg

Does something like this deserve for a banning? I am leaving it up to the GM community to decide if this is fair. I have had enough of this garbage and I know you have as well, as seen by many of you leaving Sam in the past years.

OH, and I encourage everyone who plays in the GM server to let me know if you see a player who you suspect is cheating. Please have a demo to back up your claims.

Nitro
12-18-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh, alright I see what you mean, thanks a bunch Hugster.

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-18-2007, 01:53 AM
yeah he should be banned from every server, its one thing to make a flare to unhide the dark skins, (ie, steve and kurt), But to start messing with the textures and stuff to give you an advantage is pretty sad...

Since zeb89 was found out to be the cheating homo that he is, more and more people seem to have started doing the same..

Nice one to you guys for attemting to ruin a great game, but you have no chance, like nitro says, your ban will start at the LE server, and im sure it will spread.. Its you idiots that dont deserve to play on anyones servers apart from your own..

Most servers now run no pups, cannons. Wich has been great.. Yet people still feel the need to have to cheat the game, What is the point in it at all ?

Zed
12-18-2007, 03:39 AM
hackers ruin this world :(

Nitro
12-18-2007, 04:53 AM
yeah he should be banned from every server, its one thing to make a flare to unhide the dark skins, (ie, steve and kurt), But to start messing with the textures and stuff to give you an advantage is pretty sad...

Since zeb89 was found out to be the cheating homo that he is, more and more people seem to have started doing the same..

Nice one to you guys for attemting to ruin a great game, but you have no chance, like nitro says, your ban will start at the LE server, and im sure it will spread.. Its you idiots that dont deserve to play on anyones servers apart from your own..

Most servers now run no pups, cannons. Which has been great.. Yet people still feel the need to have to cheat the game, What is the point in it at all ?

Correct. I am not talking about Zeb89 anymore because its obvious he cheats and is the cause of the past year's influx of cheaters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg6-6CsEjhs but all those kids who got these hacks from this website, whatever it was. Do not even come into the server if you have them. Go to the Anything Goes server if you're in a cheating mood, not our server.

Oh, and let me also say that slandering a person's reputation is absolutely disgusting and pathetic. Whoever is trying to ruin Ibo the Turkish Soldier's reputation, like Zeb89 as seen in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqIEwKxsXlY why are you doing this? What is the point? How sick in the head do you have to be? Go seek psychological help immediately because there is something very wrong with your brain.

Asian Invasian
12-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Let the banning begin.

Die Hard
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Well I gave a Total Enigma a spanking in Fortress the other day even with his hacks. Mind you i did get spanked too :D

Phantom_
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
yes ban TE, and people who use this crap too

Goober
12-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I can remember when.
If you wanted to pwn your competition.
You practiced more than them.
I reckon some folks are just to lazy to try "that" method.
Probably be on welfare in a few years.

Evolta
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
humz ... what is and what is not allowed:
changing;
- hud_ settings (size of crosshair and stuff)
- gfx_ settings (brighten up the place)
- plr_bonlysam (only sam guys)
- changing crosshair with paint/photoshop (better visible of crosshair)
- make all sam look like a red spidermantype (good visible)

what is and what is not allowed?

Wiper
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
changing;

What about allowing only things which can be done with the original/official commandrules? :)

BOA
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi Nitro.:)

It would be nice for us that once in a while set up a server, had a banning list from a full time server like Gamemeccas server. The fewer servers these idiots can join the better for all others. Maybee and official banning list.:hmmm:

Nitro
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
changing;

these are completely fine because you can change them ingame with console commands. changing crosshairs has been done in every fps game known to man, no extra advantages there except for someoen preferring one crosshair over the other. red spiderman? im guessing this is a skin. skins have been made for sams since day 1, thats fine.

Nitro
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Nitro.:)

It would be nice for us that once in a while set up a server, had a banning list from a full time server like Gamemeccas server. The fewer servers these idiots can join the better for all others. Maybee and official banning list.:hmmm:

i think that is an excellent idea! thanks for bringing that up. i think ill make a topic with all the IPs banned from the LE server. if anyone has any Ips they want to send me, please do. oh, if possible, tell me who it is before i lay down the ban hammer. dont want to ban an innocent player.

Die Hard
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Great idea guys!

But I think it should be private for the eyes of Server Admins only. I know who most of you are so will try to set up a server admin private section here.

Evolta
12-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Great idea guys!

But I think it should be private for the eyes of Server Admins only. I know who most of you are so will try to set up a server admin private section here.

if I get my router fixed ill be able to run a server sometimes :thumbs:

these are completely fine because you can change them ingame with console commands. changing crosshairs has been done in every fps game known to man, no extra advantages there except for someoen preferring one crosshair over the other. red spiderman? im guessing this is a skin. skins have been made for sams since day 1, thats fine.
good coz then im not a cheater... that skin I made myself ... dont think I still have it tho

Nitro
12-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Great idea guys!

that's actually a better idea. i wont post any ips until u let me know when we have that section up and running.

is it my bad recollection from the shoutbox or did Slash say he is setting up his GM server again?

drop dead gorgeous
12-19-2007, 03:46 AM
Nitro PM me that list so when i run my server i can add those players too, also names with the players as you said erlier. i already have huggys ban list. and also is there a way to setup a constant demo of all games played on a dedicated server? BTW everyone my server is "(Villains) US server 1" :)
also one more thing i think we all know that i don't cheat Nirto owns me every night :P

Nitro
12-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Nitro PM me that list so when i run my server i can add those players too, also names with the players as you said erlier. i already have huggys ban list. and also is there a way to setup a constant demo of all games played on a dedicated server? BTW everyone my server is "(Villains) US server 1" :)
also one more thing i think we all know that i don't cheat Nirto owns me every night :P

hah thanks bro.

yae ill send that over. i dont know of how to do that and dont think its possible but what i do is keep sam open all day, in a window and connect as observer and start recording a demo, even if theres no one there. it stops recording when the match is over and then i can review the demo for cheating activity.

drop dead gorgeous
12-20-2007, 03:40 AM
ok maybe i'll jsut do waht you do demo when i'm in the server, not like anyone uses my server anyways :\ i need more ram for it. looking at getting a 10mb d/l and a 5mb u/l after christmas. the funny thing is, is that it's the same price as my sucky connection now :P

PyronoX
12-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Why can't everyone play with the "original" settings ,
Ban people who plays as TE,

Evolta
12-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Why can't everyone play with the "original" settings ,
Ban people who plays as TE,

so you still play with 50% sens, autoswitch weapon and that things?

Siron Ex
12-20-2007, 07:55 PM
so you still play with 50% sens, autoswitch weapon and that things?
I think he was talking about sth different :P

Evolta
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
ye but I mean... when to stop changing things than... were is the line?

Joakim
12-25-2007, 11:21 AM
ye but I mean... when to stop changing things than... were is the line?

To modify the game to give you an advantage that other players havent got, is where the line is drawn for me.

Of course, you can modify SS in-game, like player model, sensitivity on mouse and so on, but not add files (wallhack or whatever).

fasttoon
01-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Wow that is interesting.

It's been almost a year since I've checked out this forum and people still accuse me of cheating. My standard answer has always been "You suck and there's no cheats on sam unless you're the server" Boy how wrong I am.

Good to know there is cheats and to watch out for them.

Thanks.

btw that IBO THE TURKISH CHEATER video is interesting, I remember using a tnt2 card that gave the same kind of textures, not the see thru or lines part, just no texture and all grey but laggy as shit, must be using something to turn off all the textures. But those lines and see thru is something else.

Ibrahim
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow that is interesting.

It's been almost a year since I've checked out this forum and people still accuse me of cheating. My standard answer has always been "You suck and there's no cheats on sam unless you're the server" Boy how wrong I am.

Thanks.

btw that IBO THE TURKISH CHEATER video is interesting, I remember using a tnt2 card that gave the same kind of textures, not the see thru or lines part, just no texture and all grey but laggy as shit, must be using something to turn off all the textures. But those lines and see thru is something else.

The IBO THE TURKISH CHEATER VIDEO is a FAKE!!!

Zeb recorded a Demo of me playing and he putted his Wallhacks on the Demo :down:

I see some people believe this FAKE VIDEO...

I say it once again. I am not a Cheater and I don't know how to Cheat or how to create those damn Hacks.

Stone Cold
01-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Anyone found to be wall hacking will not only be banned but humiliated as well :)

Die Hard
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
We all know you don't cheat IBO :thumbs:

Stone Cold
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow that is interesting.

Play in the LE servers and u'll be fine :thumbs:

Nitro
01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
The IBO THE TURKISH CHEATER VIDEO is a FAKE!!!

Zeb recorded a Demo of me playing and he putted his Wallhacks on the Demo :down:

I see some people believe this FAKE VIDEO...

I say it once again. I am not a Cheater and I don't know how to Cheat or how to create those damn Hacks.

Ibo, he meant to say that the video showed a wallhack working client-side..something he thought was not possible. He was not referring to you at all, just the name of the video which shows a wallhack. Yes, your name was faked, but the wallhack was real.