PDA

View Full Version : Computer help please :)

He Is Legend
01-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Ok so my friend just got a new processor, video card and mother board..

and so far everything is running amazing .. the computer starts up, shows the motherboard's image when it starts up .. but then when it asks me if I want to start in normal windows mode .. the keyboard just doesnt work , it doesnt work when it starts up or goes to that screen..i took out the motherboard's battery to reset the cmos..and when i start it up it shows that the cmos is reset but still the keyboard doesnt work, it also shows on the cmos screen that my MASTER is my hard drive and my slave is nothing even though i have my cd drive plugged in,sometimes my harddrive switches to the slave at some points but my CD drive never shows !..i've never experienced this and I know its not a bad mother board cause I just bought it..a couple of my friends have had the same problem and said it eventually started to work

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem or knows how to solve it ? .. i've been fiiddilling with it all night and im getting frustrated

Caged Anger
01-01-2008, 04:44 AM
the keyboard ps2 or usb?

if its usb then you probably need to use a PS2 keyboard to go into the bios and set it to legacy usb support before the keyboard will function in the bios

He Is Legend
01-01-2008, 04:51 AM
ps2

Caged Anger
01-01-2008, 05:08 AM
got another system to test the keyboard on? maybe its a faulty keyboard.

If you're sure of the keyboard's health, then its possible the motherboard might be faulty? maybe...

He Is Legend
01-01-2008, 05:20 AM
got another system to test the keyboard on? maybe its a faulty keyboard.

If you're sure of the keyboard's health, then its possible the motherboard might be faulty? maybe...

im 99% sure its not the mother board .. and i've used over 4 ps2 keyboards

like I said i and some friends had the same problem when we would put it together .. its just weird

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Are you doing a "restart" or totaly powering down the system each time?
Try using an USB keyboard.

ME BIGGD01
01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
if the keyboard works flawless in the bios then the problem is with the OS. It could be a simple as the keyboard.sys driver. Was there ver a Logitec KB driver installed?