PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite CPU right now

ME BIGGD01
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?ATT=19103194&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16819103194

on sale for 99.00 with free shiping. Make note of the combo deals if you are in need for some ram.

Anyway, for those who look at this chip and don't understand what's so great about it, this chip runs extremely cool, can clock pretty high due to the unlocked multiplier. Best of all is the reasonable price which can meet many peoples wallet/budget. I just ordered another just to hold. Not sure if anyone is in to media centers but this chip is ideal for a nice HD play back. Today it does not pay to buy a top dollar product because it 2 months you feel like ya got ripped off. I have learned so many times that you will never have the latest and greatest because by the time the thing ships, something else is released.

I am currently testing another AM2+ board (MSI K9A2 Platinum). I am comparing the new AM2+ boards to the AM2 boards to see if there is any advantages in performance. Right now according to specs, the AM2+ should be the way to go just for the future upgradeability. If AMD gets off its ass and puts out some newer chips without bugs (they will) you will have the advantage to upgrade down the road.

All in all, this chip is clocked at 2.6 and many run at 3.2.. This is a good product at a very good price. Jump on it before it's too late.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks Mr Bigg. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Damnit they dropped it $30 after I bought mine a week ago /kicks dirt

ME BIGGD01
01-10-2008, 02:27 PM
lol, I knew you would be pissed SHo because the same thing goes for me on the first one I bought. This is what I mean by not buying a high end chip. Wanna know whatthe quad core cost and what it is now? All of it to test it out and belive me I think it sucks. The market is terrible.

Asian Invasian
01-10-2008, 02:36 PM
lol, I knew you would be pissed SHo because the same thing goes for me on the first one I bought. This is what I mean by not buying a high end chip. Wanna know whatthe quad core cost and what it is now? All of it to test it out and belive me I think it sucks. The market is terrible.

Ya it always makes me want to cry :(

ME BIGGD01
01-11-2008, 04:00 AM
SOAB!!!

Just got an e-mail from new egg with a code EMCABBABG

Use that and save an additional 5 bucks

Grimmy
01-11-2008, 04:15 AM
I been thinking about getting that proc, but I did an upgrade to my current rig, and well I have an intel core 2 duo e6600 with 2G of ram just laying here collecting dust.

I am currently configuring a rig for my new tv to use as a PVR. Going to try out SLI, for quality video playback. Tomorrow I will post what I am thinking, let ya all give your input, ect. ;)

j5tar
01-14-2008, 03:53 AM
Hmm.. I'm thinking of upgrading to this. I am using a Intel P4. Would it be hard to put this CPU on? And is the setup really hard? (I am a computer noob by the way).

FUS1ON
01-14-2008, 04:48 AM
^ This processor will not fit in your current Intel based motherboard, you would have to buy one that is designed for a AMD processor.