PDA

View Full Version : Vonage "support"

Death Engineer
01-11-2008, 08:41 PM
This was just too good for me not to share. I have an issue with Vonage. I used their interface to "refer-a-friend" back in Sept. To make a long story short, the email didn't make it to him, so he called them and was assured that we would both get credit for the referral. Well, he did, but I didn't.

So I emailed them several times and was notified that I would have to wait until his account had been active for 90 days to get a credit for referral. Not quite what my friend had been told, but ok. So I just checked today and no credit.

I emailed them AGAIN today to get this taken care of. Here was their response:

Dear Death Engineer (name changed to protect the innocent),

Thank you for choosing Vonage, the #1 rated digital phone service!

I understand you would like to have a Refer-A-Friend credit.

For receiving a Refer-A-Friend credit, both accounts should be active for 90 days from the new account start date. Our records indicate that your friend has not crossed 90 days from the account start date. Please note that the account start date of your friend is on September 25, 2007. I order to have a Refer-A-Friend credit, please get back to us once both of your accounts are crossing 90 days from the account start date and then we will be happy to review your credit request.

We pride ourselves in being focused on customers like you who make our company successful. I apologize for your experience with this issue.

If you have any questions, your Vonage team is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us whenever and however it suits you!

- On-Line Help Center at http://www.vonage.com/help.php
- Contact Us at http://www.vonage.com/help_contactUs.php
- Or call toll-free at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357)

Thanks again for choosing Vonage, a better phone service for less!

Sincerely,

Vonage Customer Care

Is it just me, or can they not count at Vonage. It seems to me that it has already been 108 days since I was promised a credit. I think the average IQ for their tech support must be related to their stock price (abysmally low).

/rant off

EDIT: It just occurred to me that maybe they are using another calendar. Ancient Roman? Jewish? /ponder

ME BIGGD01
01-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I would say you have a pretty high tolerance level. My reply to them would be pretty full of foul language along among other things. Have you spoke to someone on the phone yet?

Death Engineer
01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Heck no. They aren't worth that much of my time. I can whip out a surly email in seconds. It's really not that much money ($25 I think?). It's the principle to me. You can bet I won't be referring anyone else based on supposed credits though. And if they don't straighten this out pronto, you can be sure I will take my business elsewhere (and tell the world of how bad Vonage is).

Heaven knows there are enough voip options out there. I don't need to pay math-challenged liars for phone service.

Death Engineer
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Update: Just received the following...

After further review, your request for a credit has been approved in the amount of $49.98. This credit will be applied to future billing cycles and any other charges associated with your Vonage account.

You know what they say about that ol' squeaky wheel. :-D

Pure_Evil
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
how's their service overall? I had sunrocket, which was awesome, until they went belly up :( Now I use Vonics Digital, which frankly blows :down: