PDA

View Full Version : Outlook will not relay mail

Caged Anger
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
I've been trying to get outlook to take care of my email from my home ISP Adelphia (or formerly adelphia....think its time warner now)

In any case, I've tried messing with the advanced outgoing server settings but they just aren't working. I was using Outlook 2003 and managed to get it to send some emails to "some" accounts (like the school domain fsc.edu but not student.fsc.edu or yahoo.com)

now Outlook 2007 won't even give me that much. you guys have any ideas here?:confused:

Death Engineer
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
It typically boils down to the fact that you can no longer use your ISP's SMTP server to send mail from another servers account. Nearly every email relay checks for such a thing to avoid the spam bots.

You need to use the SMTP server that goes with your account. If they won't let you do that when you're not on a particular network, you are kind of screwed. Check with your email provider as most of them have already had to handle this for many months now. Inconvenient as heck. You can thank the spammers.

Caged Anger
01-16-2008, 01:51 AM
great, with adelphia being defunct, their tech support is hard to find....bastards