PDA

View Full Version : Go Giants!

Bingo
01-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Giants just intercepted early in OT.

Go Giants! I like the Packers, but I'd like to see Giants/Pats Superbowl for some reason. :D

Pure_Evil
01-21-2008, 03:57 AM
:woohoo::jammin::woohoo::jammin::woohoo:
Super Bowl Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUS1ON
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Anybody but the Pats

BobtheCkroach
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
What a terrible year. There are two teams - two, out of a field of like 32 - that I hate. And BOTH of them got to the Super Bowl.

Do I cheer against Brady and his 3 rings, and the pats that I hate so much.

Or against Eli, who I will never forgive for being the whiny brat that wouldn't play for the Chargers when he was drafted. (not that I like the Chargers, I just think it's stupid to be a little baby like that)

Go REFS!

Mad Fox
01-21-2008, 02:54 PM
SHEESh

First of all I am a Patriots fan and am very excited about another Superbowl win - can i hear the word dynasty.

Secondly, the Giants are my second favorite team if thats even possible to have!

NastyDawg
01-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Good games, just wish the other two teams would have won yesterday!

Sepra
01-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Go Go NE!! :cool:

Asian Invasian
01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
There are not to many people who like the patriots. I actually like them because Tom Brady tears up the feild and his stats are absolutely ridiculous.

He Is Legend
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
There are not to many people who like the patriots. I actually like them because Tom Brady tears up the feild and his stats are absolutely ridiculous.

God. Brady is so overrated it's not even funny..Manning is the best imo

Why you ask ?

Brady is good in the system he's in, but remember he has Belichick calling the plays, and he runs more of a West-Coast style short passing game for the most part. He can get the ball deep to someone like Moss, but most of the Pat's success has come in creating mismatches for slot receivers like Welker and Branch, and letting Brady do what he does best - check down his progression and hit the open guy short. He showed that he struggles when he's put under pressure like he was at Philly and Baltimore, so you have to give a lot of credit to the O-line that's been giving him all the time he needs to make reads and let the receivers get open for him. Dont forget that year at Indy with Reche Caldwell and Deion Branch, too; he's only looked as good as his receivers in the past.

Manning, on the other hand, runs his own offense. He's able to be both the QB and the offensive coordinator, making reads on the defense and calling the play at the line. He has a great O-line as well, and a good corps of receivers, but unlike Brady, he's managed to make ALL his receivers look good, even the rookie Gonzales looks like he's been in the league 2 or 3 years when Manning is throwing it to him. The rapport between Manning and Harrison shouldnt be overlooked, either; its the hallmark of a great QB to be able to connect with his receivers so intuitively, where Brady just seems to work mechanically with whoever happens to be split out for him that season. Brady looks good with his team this year, and the Pats have improved a lot on both sides of the ball from the last few seasons, but Manning has been winning with the Colts and playing at an elite level more consistently for longer.

Not to take anything away from Brady or what he's done this season, but if the question you're asking is who, just by himself, is the better overall QB, then its Manning.

The patriots also almost got caught cheating ;)

Suicidal
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I like the Patriots because I was actually raised in New England (NH/Mass area). So I was with them before they started winning.

Oh yeah, and they DID get caught cheating.