PDA

View Full Version : Giants superbowl champs

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-04-2008, 03:20 AM
I had a feeling they would win and since a friend of mine was pulling for the Patriots whom I like also I said the Giants would win and man did they cut it close.
Manning dude threw that pigskin as if he were in highschool. And some of his receivers acted like they were on the take, but they pulled it off.
I was kinda rooting for Brady to be able to have pulled it out but you can't have it both ways I guess.

NastyDawg
02-04-2008, 03:22 AM
I very happy to see Giants win this and beat them cheating Pats!

drop dead gorgeous
02-04-2008, 03:37 AM
:\ Pats should have won. but props to the giants for pulling it off

Mr Clean
02-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I hate both teams so this was a win for me either way. I would have loved to see the 72 Dolphins shut up for the rest of eternity, but it's nice to know the Cheatriots didn't steal another one like they did against the Rams in '01...

Heck of a game.

NightBreed
02-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Great game right up to the end... Would've like to see the Packers in there though...

Dan2
02-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Awesome game. The Giant defense deserved the MVP. Brady is not used to getting smacked around like that.
Play of the game: Manning avoiding the sack, throwing to Tyree who catches it on his head.
Proudest Father in America tonight: Archie Manning.
Biggest Loser: Tiki Barber for bad mouthing his team on the way out the door and quitting a year too early.

FUS1ON
02-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Anybody but the @#$%&'ing Pats!

Bingo
02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Heck of a game.

Deserves to be repeated x3. Above all else, that really was a great game. That was a Championship Game. Yes, I'm glad the Team I rooted for won, but it was even better to see a great freakin Superbowl for a change. It seems all too often that game becomes a lopsided blowout, or a game where one team plays great and the other team plays crappy. Not this time.

Play of the game: Manning avoiding the sack, throwing to Tyree who catches it on his head.

Holy crap, was that awesome or what?! That had to just about be the play of the YEAR. Either somehow coming out of that pile on his feet - OR - Tyree somehow coming up with that catch would have been awesome highlight reel footage for a long time to come, but for that to be both ends of the same play?! Dude, that was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. THAT is what professional football players are supposed to do. Well done!!

B

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Yea but Manning making that running pass about 10 ft. over his receiver ,who was no where near any other players ,come on your a superbowl quarterback and my grandma could have made that pass.
I have to say alot of his receivers should be getting their butts totally beaten by the coach. Highschool receivers would have been replaced by the kicker if they had missed some of those passes that where in their hands. Bradshaw on the other hand impressed me .So did the little fellow who looked like he was going to get stomped, can't remeber his name but he had some good runs and catches.Welker 5'9 185 running his but off.

Mr Clean
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Yea but Manning making that running pass about 10 ft. over his receiver ,who was no where near any other players ,come on your a superbowl quarterback and my grandma could have made that pass.

LOL

BTW, this is not the greatest game in Superbowl history, and it isn't the greatest upset in Superbowl history either. All those clowns in the press need to step back a minute...

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Clean you are absolutely correct, the games when Cowboys and steelers and greenbay where the best.Man those guys didn't play for the money as much as the glory of the game. I have met Terry Bradshaw at his ranch and I can tell you with a flick of his wrist he could throw a football 40 ,50 yds no problem. Roger Staubach man what a player, back then you could have hero's now days you have to wonder.the days I think have made the game so much softer.
Remember back in the 70's a quarterback would be on the ground with a 400 pd. linebacker putting him under the turf,now days you get roughing the passer =huh ?. My all time favorite qb. = Brett he is still going strong and a man to look up to. Greenbay was so lucky to sign him and be able to keep him all these years.