PDA

View Full Version : Marine Recruiters Targeted in Berkeley, CA

Caged Anger
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/07/berkeley.protests/index.html

I can't decide yet which side i would take on this. In a lot of respects I see this as an incredably short sighted move by a small group of people directed at the wrong people.

Yet on the other hand they do make a number of points that as far as I know do have merit. I don't like a lot of the recruitment tactics in place, nor do I like this administrations stance on engaging other countries. Also, the immediate reaction politicians took seems incredably big brotherish and the act of yet more desperate people.

Seems everyone is trying to make a statement...hate to think of the little guys locked in the middle that will end of getting screwed...where do you guys stand?

Mad Fox
02-09-2008, 06:36 AM
As taxpaying citizen it is within your rights to refuse a government service?

ME BIGGD01
02-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I wish an American Militia to Bomb that school when it's full with not only the students but the students parents. I would throw the biggest party in celebration to all of their well deserved deaths. Oh and I would also add that those that vote that this is ok would be visiting that school that day.

That's how I feel with no need to discuss why.

NightBreed
02-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I wish an American Militia to Bomb that school when it's full with not only the students but the students parents. I would throw the biggest party in celebration to all of their well deserved deaths. Oh and I would also add that those that vote that this is ok would be visiting that school that day.

Ahaha..that's awesome !!!

I give that a 10.0 ! http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/schild/ten.gif

Nitro
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I applaud Berkeley. If we only had more fine American patriots such as them. God bless the University of Berkeley!

Caged Anger
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM

That's an answer you've given many a time when this kind of a topic comes up. You want some incredably violent act to occur to justify actions that at the present seem to have little merit. Biggs, I respect your stance on the war, but I have zero respect for one that wishes for innocent people to die to justify the government's actions. I've spoken with enough soldiers to know that what we're doing over there is far from entirely bad. A lot of help and assistance has been given to a people that were in need.

Yet the justification for this war I get from you is we need to be over there so they aren't blowing us up here. How can you say we're any safer now than we were 5 years ago when government tests have shown bombs can still be brought onto planes, its just as easy for illegal immigrants to cross the border as ever, and our overall support system of services are stretched thin?

I won't stand here and say this war is entirely bad, but if we wanted a more secure place to live, than the place to put the money and resources is not in another country but in building up our own. Giving police and other emergency services adequete funding to respond to threats, strengthening border security to prevent the threat from crossing over. There is a laundry list of things here at home that have been put on the back burner thanks to the current situation and the only example I can think of from history that mimics the current setting is the French Maginot Line.

We're so focused on one area of defense that we've neglected the idea that the threat could very well sneak around behind.

Mr Clean
02-11-2008, 05:11 AM
That was a nice answer Cage even if I don't agree with all of it.

The City Council, if you note, can only "urge" then to leave. They can't force them to because they have a Constitutional right to be there, just like anyone else.

This is why I love the Constitution, even in times when it protects flag burners and others not high on my list. It grants rights, not stipulations.

They made their "resolution" and their statement, got some press, and it will be forgotten about in a week. They have a right to do this, and they did, God bless democracy.

Althought they also have a right to do what they said, I don't think the Feds should actually withold the funding money. They also made their point, again God bless Democracy, and will I hope let the issue slide into obscurity and get on with other things.

In the end everyone involved is practicing their rights, and that is the only reason I think this story is important.

SASQUATCH
02-13-2008, 12:14 PM
That was a nice answer Cage even if I don't agree with all of it.

The City Council, if you note, can only "urge" then to leave. They can't force them to because they have a Constitutional right to be there, just like anyone else.

This is why I love the Constitution, even in times when it protects flag burners and others not high on my list. It grants rights, not stipulations.

They made their "resolution" and their statement, got some press, and it will be forgotten about in a week. They have a right to do this, and they did, God bless democracy.

Althought they also have a right to do what they said, I don't think the Feds should actually withold the funding money. They also made their point, again God bless Democracy, and will I hope let the issue slide into obscurity and get on with other things.

In the end everyone involved is practicing their rights, and that is the only reason I think this story is important.

This statement to me is by far the best I have heard and agree.:thumbs:

SASQUATCH
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Biggs statement I think he is just mad of what has been going on and so his frustrations can at times be a bit unusual and not exactly something you like to hear. In all fairness Bigg's I believe you may want to consider not being to harsh with words of violence and destruction.

If I was at war and I knew Biggs was behind me and felt these feeling, I would probably shoot him before he kills me. LOL

Point I am getting at is words are important and so are views by others without disrespecting others believes. In order to send out a message that can justified by means can have a much more impact then a thread of violence or destruction.

In other words point out your views without discrimination or violence in order for people to at least listen to your views then to have others refuse to even listen.

SAS

ME BIGGD01
02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
My words are truthfully how I feel. How dare anyone bash the people that serve this country and put their ass on the line. People should kiss the asses of these men and women who join the armed forces and willing to givee their life for this country. for no reason should there ever be disrespect. If anyone has a problem get the F out of this country. These people are not Americans and regardless of anyone's rights you do not have the right in my book to bash them. Legally is one thing but I dare anyone to open their mouth in front of me and talk S. My words are harsh because the ignorance and unappreciation for what these people do. People who live in there own world who think military is a waste are just too ignorant to know what really happens in life. I stand by my words and how I feel and may those people get what they deserve. Death to them in the most painful way.

SASQUATCH
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
My words are truthfully how I feel. How dare anyone bash the people that serve this country and put their ass on the line. People should kiss the asses of these men and women who join the armed forces and willing to givee their life for this country. for no reason should there ever be disrespect. If anyone has a problem get the F out of this country. These people are not Americans and regardless of anyone's rights you do not have the right in my book to bash them. Legally is one thing but I dare anyone to open their mouth in front of me and talk S. My words are harsh because the ignorance and unappreciation for what these people do. People who live in there own world who think military is a waste are just too ignorant to know what really happens in life. I stand by my words and how I feel and may those people get what they deserve. Death to them in the most painful way.

You made some worthing statements that I love hearing from you but when you go as far down as violence and destruction and threads, then it can not be heard and cannot be respected by others to at least acknowledge you the way you deserve to be treated. I like to think and know from listening to you by phone and voice chat that a man who's heart is of giving and that I know of you for sure and has never changed the way I feel about you but consider your words in a different approach but strongly view your points is what I love about you not with violence or threads.

SAS