PDA

View Full Version : Software Upgrade for Lots of Ipod/Other MP3 Players

Bingo
02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Alright. Seriously. If you have an Ipod or other MP3 player you need to check this out.

This is an open source replacement operating system for MP3 players. It's called Rockbox.

I just installed it on my Sansa and it was a snap. Dead simple. Put your MP3 player into the file mode where it shows up as a drive on your PC. Unzip the software onto the players drive and you're done.

It really was that simple. Yeah it most likely voids the warrenty but it's worth it. Seriously. This is really outstanding.

Not only does it support FAR more file types than most players, not only does it have awesome playlist flexibility, it includes games, applications, all sorts of stuff.

Yes, games for your MP3 player. Like 40 of them built in.

And get this...

Here's the best part...

It comes with built in support (Just need 1 other file) for DOOM. Yes, Doom. Just like you remember. You can now play Doom on your MP3 player.

Heh.

I just think this is very cool.

www.rockbox.org

Check it out!

B

Bingo
02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry dude. Buy a Sansa!!

Bingo
02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
On a totally unreleated note, I'll have a 4 gig Sansa for sale in about a week after my 6 gig version shows up. Just sayin.... :P

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-01-2008, 03:01 AM
OK sansa what is it hehehe. I figure a player but not sure . I bought the kids uh kids heck they are 24 ,23. some mp3 players Skull I think, but Jacob my grandson didn't use his much he is 2 1/2 years old.

Bingo
03-02-2008, 01:40 AM
The Sansa is SanDisk's current top of the line mp3/video player.

This is the one I just upgraded from, it's a 4GB model. I went up to the 6gig model.

It also has a slot for a mini SD card to hold even more. Weee! :)

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expansion-Black/dp/B000ETVKHE

B

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-02-2008, 03:17 AM
wow that thing looks like it can do just about anything!! Let me know when you get you other one and how much.