PDA

View Full Version : help me with my wi wi please

ME BIGGD01
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok so I got this thing my wife says is so much fun (she saw it being played on the xbox at a christmas party).

I picked it up about two weeks ago "Guitar Hero" and to be honest I kind of regret it because I honestly do not feel I am capable of doing it. Direct words from my daughters mouth "this stinks". Now I am curious is it the same as the other consoles? Is the Wii too weak for this game>? If you have this did you feel the same as I do when you first got it? To picture me doing this thing is like picturing a Jerry's kid at the Olypics. I get booed and kicked off stage within a minute.

Second question is, I bought a card called points. The young guuy said I could buy games on the web. What I want to know is how do I do this and is it just a rental? I bought a 20 dollar card so I am not sure how far that will get me. What is this all about and can someone with patience and is familiar with this explain it to me as if I am 5 years old.

Also if there is anyone that has a 5 yr old or similiar, what game can you suggest that my daughter would get a kick out of. Are there any learning games? She is pretty bright for her age and I want her to really be able to use this thing which is the reason I got it.

Thanks in advanced.

BobtheCkroach
03-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I've played the GH3 for PS2 as well as for the Wii - it's the same experience on both systems.

One thing I should point out is that if you're on an LCD, make sure you go into the configs and do the "Timing" thing...sometimes the music is off from the notes until you set it up for the LCD delay.

As for the wii points, no, you don't rent them - they are yours to keep.

On your wii menu, you have an item called "Wii shop channel" or something...click on that. Once you're in, there will be a menu asking if you'd like to input the payment method to buy points - either with a Credit card or with a points card. You'll have to input the digits under the scratch thing on the card and then you'll be allotted 2000 points.

Once you have these, and you're out of the payment area, you can go browse games. Currently, there are games from NES,SNES,N64,NeoGeo,Sega and TurboGraphx16. Within the next few months, Nintendo will be opening the platform to independent developers as well.

Games range in price starting as low as 500 points ($5) for NES games and all the way up to 1000 points ($10) for N64, with everything else somewhere in between.

Wiper
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Games u can buy on the Wii-shopping channel (continually updated): http://www.vc-reviews.com/games

Requirements:

- Connectionpoint: so ur Wii can connect. Therefore you need to create a shared I-net connection on ur pc.

- Incase u don't have a wireless I-net connection @ home you need to buy an USB-node for ur pc. (and still need to create a shared I-net connection)

- Connect and follow the steps BTC said

Fun games:
- Mariokart 64 (especially MP/Coop)
- Super Mario (Snes)

Games you have to think when u play:
- The legend of Zelda: A link to the Past (snes). In my opinion still the best game ever. (Not exactly a learning game but you definitely need to use ur brain, although I think it's too hard for a 5 year old, maybe with some guidance)

ME BIGGD01
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I am a bit confused. I need to share something from my pc in order to download something?

Also looking at the wii ware is this something I can buy and have my daughter play on the wii? http://www.vc-reviews.com/games/wiiware/butterfly_garden

Does not look like there is much educational games (remember the old PET computers in the eighties?). I would like here to practice her reading and numbers as a game entertainment.

Wiper
03-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I am a bit confused. I need to share something from my pc in order to download something?

Also looking at the wii ware is this something I can buy and have my daughter play on the wii? http://www.vc-reviews.com/games/wiiware/butterfly_garden

Does not look like there is much educational games (remember the old PET computers in the eighties?). I would like here to practice her reading and numbers as a game entertainment.

Your Wii needs to get connected to the internet if you want to download VC-games (mostly "classics", but they intended to make games specially for the VC).

I decided to go online with my pc as a gateway so the internet-connection of the pc needs to be shared. I dunno how well it works with wireless routers etc. but this is working fine for me.

When you let the Wii search for connection it will pop up on ur pc with that "icon" (in network settings) you can select it together with the connection from the pc and say it should be shared.

If ur lucky you router will give automatically an IP to ur Wii if not....you screwed with a lot of extra work, although I think you should be able to work that out.

ME BIGGD01
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
ok, I have already configured teh Wii for wireless access which I know works and I know it has updated the firmware. Is this all I need and what you are referring to getting the Wii on the internet?

If this is the case and as long as the Wii has internet already which I am sure, I can download any of those games you posted?

Also if I download and as Bob said I can keep them, is there away I can back them up so I don't have to repay for them if I lose them?

ME BIGGD01
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Forgot to say thanks.

Gun Element
03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I just skimmed through this thread so I might be repeating...

The wii should have everything you need to use the internet, maybe some updates and all should be a go.

You should be able to log onto the internet via wirelessly or through cable. When thats done and settled, you should just go to the shop and enter in the information on the card to start downloading the games. Then after that the games are yours 4ever.

Wiper
03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
ok, I have already configured teh Wii for wireless access which I know works and I know it has updated the firmware. Is this all I need and what you are referring to getting the Wii on the internet?

If this is the case and as long as the Wii has internet already which I am sure, I can download any of those games you posted?

Also if I download and as Bob said I can keep them, is there away I can back them up so I don't have to repay for them if I lose them?

Yup ur online then and can download the VC-games which have been released for the USA (some are only released in Europe and vise versa). The code from the pointcard can be filled in online on the shopping channel, a correct code will automatically add the points to ur account. :)

I thought I read something about once downloaded a VC-game you can always download it again on that specific Wii (so better don't break it :D), but I'm not sure about that. Otherwise you must buy some external memory and put the game on that.