PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again...

Caged Anger
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/All+Signs+Point+to+Windows+7+in+2010/article11074.htm

Winblows 7 set to debut in 2010....wa....hoo

All i read in that article is more frivolous visual appeal. How about focusing instead on the core programming speed, compatability....enough with the eyecandy.

People buy Macs for looks and PC's for versatility and usability :D :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
03-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you're jumping to conclusions if you ask me. Last time MS was quick to announce all the incredible features that would ship with Vista, and for whatever reason, took a ton of them out, and that's at least part of why people were disappointed with Vista. This time, they're keeping shut about features until there's no chance they're not gonna be there, so that they don't repeat that mistake.

Give it time, bro. Last time they made a flop of an OS they followed it with the best OS they ever made.

Wait for the product - not some article but a ho-hum reporter that may or may not have all the facts - to make any determinations.

I'm not saying it WILL be the best version ever, just that judging a product that's 2 years from completion is a bit pre-emptive.

Caged Anger
03-15-2008, 05:19 AM
here's hoping

ME BIGGD01
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM
The way I see things going you are going to be paying for services rather than an OS. It's still a few years away but I believe the industry is going to change big time as all of the stuff out now is really based on crap and unstandardized crap which will end up pissing everyone off when they realize that this upgrade was totally unnecessary. If you think about it, from HD to the OS, things have not even lifted off in the direction they are intended for. This does not only go for our pc's but even our appliances such as blu ray and television sets. The lack of standards is what really is going to hurt everyone as all new technolgy that comes out has not been decided as the right direction. Just look at the hardware in your pc. Dual core, quad core, 64 bit, etc. The software hardly utilizes it and if it does it does not utilize it entirely for what it's worth. Not sure if I am explaining my feelings good enough but I do know that I am trully focused on appliance boxes these days rather than computers. As more and more people start really using computers, Microsoft really needs to watch itself because companies like Asus who puts out a cheap laptop with a linux os that can do everything any basic user does such as e-mail, web surfing etc. Not only this but Google is a company that will eventually offer this kind of package where you boot up a box that logs on to google services which if works out will alter the way we all compute. Gaming may just go to consoles. Microsoft needs to be careful in many ways because their years of ripping people off can end up screwing them. Then again this is America and the corruption in the government may prevent such innovation to where we the consumers have a real choice. Vista is like a crap meal served at a good eatery. They dress it nice but it still tastes like shit. A real government would have held them responsible for a lot of their actions such as the Vista ready BS.

I hope that Linux will continue to move forward and become more user friendly. The industry needs leaders not money grubbing scumbags.

Caged Anger
03-17-2008, 04:40 AM
i hope gaming doesn't just go to consoles. I only got into computers when my system wouldn't run a game and i had to figure out why. As for the shift to service machines....i think for a good long while still there will still be good desktop rigs.

mostly because service machines will need ooodles of bandwidth to operate and look at the difficulty some of the ISP's are having just keeping up with p2p