PDA

View Full Version : Wii Nonsense

ME BIGGD01
03-20-2008, 02:39 AM
I have been looking at the prices for all the Wii gear and games and find them to be a but more expensive then it's worth. I purchsed this thing for the basic game and still to this day I enjoy the tennis and other games it came with over everything else I wasted my money on. Guitar Hero is fine I just suck at it and see it to be a lot of fun for many so that is ok in my book. I do on the other hand think the games should be less money considering the hardware really is very weak. What I find even worst is that some of those games you can purchase with points really are too expensive for what they are. I mean a game 10-15 years old costing 10 bucks is pathetic. In my opinion, for 10 bucks you should get like 5 older games. I understand the need to make money but greed just pisses me off. I can not understand why Xbox or even sony do not make a add on that would counter the Wii's audience. I would not mind having a full ass kicking piece of hardware then continue to waste money on stuff that will always be less of a performer than the other products out.

Bottom line is I enjoy the Wii but think the pricing strategy is a farce considering the hardware limits. Over all I see the only thing the Wii is good for is good for is the ability to interact with it. Why can;t Sony or Microsoft put something out to make their hardware do the same thing or maybe they did already?

Does anyone agree with me?

BobtheCkroach
03-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I have been looking at the prices for all the Wii gear and games and find them to be a but more expensive then it's worth. I purchsed this thing for the basic game and still to this day I enjoy the tennis and other games it came with over everything else I wasted my money on. Guitar Hero is fine I just suck at it and see it to be a lot of fun for many so that is ok in my book. I do on the other hand think the games should be less money considering the hardware really is very weak. What I find even worst is that some of those games you can purchase with points really are too expensive for what they are. I mean a game 10-15 years old costing 10 bucks is pathetic. In my opinion, for 10 bucks you should get like 5 older games. I understand the need to make money but greed just pisses me off. I can not understand why Xbox or even sony do not make a add on that would counter the Wii's audience. I would not mind having a full ass kicking piece of hardware then continue to waste money on stuff that will always be less of a performer than the other products out.

Bottom line is I enjoy the Wii but think the pricing strategy is a farce considering the hardware limits. Over all I see the only thing the Wii is good for is good for is the ability to interact with it. Why can;t Sony or Microsoft put something out to make their hardware do the same thing or maybe they did already?

Does anyone agree with me?

I gotta say I'm in just about the dead opposite camp, at least as far as the Virtual Console games go. Every title that I've bought (Mario 1-3, Super Mario World, Mario 64, mario kart 64, more) have been more than worth it. It's more than just buying an old game - it's nostalgia. There are games that I haven't played in 10-15 years (See: Adventure of LoLo) - Some of them aren't even very good (See: Adventures of LoLo) but it's worth $5 or whatever just to relive some of those "good times".

As for the pricing model, I can see what you mean about the games costing the same despite being on a "lesser" system, but meh. Console games have debuted at the $50 range for at least 10 years. Doesn't really phase me, I guess.

ME BIGGD01
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
So what your saying is I am a cheap bastard:) . I wonder if I am going to be one of those old guys that talks smack about what I use to pay:D . I guess I just expect a dollar to go further but I guess those days are gone. I will now aim my bitching at the new toll hikes and train hikes which is now officially over minimum wage. I swear I hate NY.